Texas City Container Terminal At Shoal Point

I remember a bunch of articles back in 2004 announcing that permits had been approved and contracts had been awarded for the construction of a container terminal on Shoal Point, and I have also noticed that transportation projects linking the terminal to I-45 are in H-GAC's 2035 RTP, but I have not been able to confirm that anything is actually happening.

Is this going forward, is it stalled, or is it dead?

At one of the recent Galveston County Mayor & Councilman's Association meetings, the Texas City spokesman stated that the project is still feasible and has all of the Corps of Engineer's approvals in place. The developer (some stevedoring company from out of state) is just waiting for a customer to commit. That's not likely to happen now with the Port of Houston Bayport facility underway and actively soliciting for business. It's ashamed because this (Shoal Point) would have been all private money, while Bayport is supported by taxpayer funded bonds. They will probalbly just wait and see.

• The title was changed to Texas City Container Terminal At Shoal Point