Luxury High-Rise

swtsig

slightly off topic....

to anyone that knows the area:

what's the feasability of building a 25-30 story high rise in the outlined lot? just curious.... for now.

post-3695-1180241938.jpg

i borrowed your pic, mancuso... if that' all right.

I think it will be an incredibly tight fit depending on the design.

There is a garage right behind that building that the JW Marriott uses for it's Valet service that is in constant use.

This might be in the need of it's own topic if you have any additional information you may be privy to.

• Like 1

I think it will be an incredibly tight fit depending on the design.

There is a garage right behind that building that the JW Marriott uses for it's Valet service that is in constant use.

This might be in the need of it's own topic if you have any additional information you may be privy to.

things are very, very preliminary at this point. acquiring more land doesn't seem to be an option, unfortunately, but the initial design looked nice.

but there isn't much more info about it, outside of what players would be involved... and i'm not going to name names at this point... not until something substantial occurs.

• Like 1

I can respect that, but I'd suggest that you start up a new thread and let the moderators move the relevant posts before this gets TOO far off topic.

Any information you can provide that wouldn't compromise your source or yourself.

• Like 1

I can respect that, but I'd suggest that you start up a new thread and let the moderators move the relevant posts before this gets TOO far off topic.

Any information you can provide that wouldn't compromise your source or yourself.

will do.

So is this a rumor, or do we have some documentation here.

This is a borderline "Plastic" post.

well that's a little harsh... there's something in the works, and has been for a year or so, but there's a few issues to address (such as limited space). but i've seen a preliminary design and floor plans, and the investor is very serious about getting it done....

i just wanted to get some expert opinions on this proposed project, specifically concerning the lot size.

I'm not an expert, but I AM a thinker.. .. :)

That lot is doable, but the design of the building is going to be rather innovative as far as parking goes, or perhaps reaching some sort of agreement with hotel to share the garage.

The key there (I would imagine) is to make it so they can alleviate any worries about having their customer's cars from being damaged when it comes to sharing it with tenants, which could involve an interesting (and segregated) parking garage design.

I'm dying to know more about the project, along with quite a few other people here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I'm not an expert, but I AM a thinker.. .. :)

That lot is doable, but the design of the building is going to be rather innovative as far as parking goes, or perhaps reaching some sort of agreement with hotel to share the garage.

The key there (I would imagine) is to make it so they can alleviate any worries about having their customer's cars from being damaged when it comes to sharing it with tenants, which could involve an interesting (and segregated) parking garage design.

I'm dying to know more about the project, along with quite a few other people here.

yeah, parking is one of the key issues regarding this project, but the latest design does seem to address it rather well. we're looking at 200 spots for 100 units + retail.

there's still a ways to go with this highrise, but it will get done.

While I love the idea of building a tower (it is one of my business goals), I am not sure now is the right time to do so. The luxury condo/tower market is very saturated just like the townhome market. Unless there was something very specific to draw in the potential buyers, I cannot see this being a wise venture presently. This is what feasibility studies are for =)

It seems the original attachment has been deleted, could you post any renderings?

While I love the idea of building a tower (it is one of my business goals), I am not sure now is the right time to do so. The luxury condo/tower market is very saturated just like the townhome market. Unless there was something very specific to draw in the potential buyers, I cannot see this being a wise venture presently. This is what feasibility studies are for =)

It seems the original attachment has been deleted, could you post any renderings?

i share your concern as well, but like i said this thing is still pretty preliminary. there's still a lot of things to figure out. i dont have any renderings to post at the time, but i've seen two different ones. i will say that right now we're looking at a 30-35 story tower with a combination stone/glass facade. nothing real attention grabbing, architecturally speaking. the goal here is more classical as opposed to trendy.

but these things can (and amost certainly will) change.

i share your concern as well, but like i said this thing is still pretty preliminary. there's still a lot of things to figure out. i dont have any renderings to post at the time, but i've seen two different ones. i will say that right now we're looking at a 30-35 story tower with a combination stone/glass facade. nothing real attention grabbing, architecturally speaking. the goal here is more classical as opposed to trendy.

but these things can (and amost certainly will) change.

What company do you work for?

Are you able to give us a rough timeline on when things are supposed to take place as far as construction/approval or at least completion?

all i know is that they'd like to get everything finalized by the end of this year... which is mainly architectural design. talks died down for awhile but they've heated up in the past month or so and it seems more and more likely that this will get done sooner rather than later.

the google map is of downtown, btw.

Are you talking about the Agachi (or whatever) store?

I guess I don't copy the link correctly for google maps. It does that to me.

Agachi? The live.com link should be correct.

EDITED the google link. Should be correct now.

Edited by lockmat

Taghi isn't going to be moving any time soon. His business is profitable, he has a great location and he runs two other business out of that property. The only hope of having a high rise there would be working out a deal where the parking garage is demolished and that same amount of space is made available in the new tower.

I, personally, do not see this as a great spot for a high rise. There are several very close by.

• The title was changed to Luxury High-Rise