Where Are The Victorian Houses On The East Side

I am a new member, but I have been monitoring this Forum for a while. It is a GREAT resource!

I grew up as a wharf rat in Pecan Park (on Japonica street), but I now live in Hedwig Village in a remodeled ranch.

I have been monitoring the East end neighborhoods for years, and I am convinced that the BRT on Harrisburg will jump start the transition of the area. I am looking to invest in Real Estate along the rail line. I would like to acquire one of the old Victorian houses and restore it.

Other than Eastwood, what other east end subdivisions have the classic Victorian houses?

Also, does anyone know where the train stations will be located along Harrisburg?

Thanks!

there's a nice one north of harrisburg along the bike trail. got to assume the neighborhood has more.

They're out there, but even in Eastwood, the Victorian style is in short supply and scattered. I can think of a few that have Victorian elements that are north of Harrisburg between the HB&T railroad tracks and downtown, but most are in need of significant repair. I think that they will have great long-term appreciation potential, though.

Most of the East End came into being in the post-Victorian era, so it isn't as well-represented as a style as it is in the Heights, for instance.

• The title was changed to Where Are The Victorian Houses On The East Side?
  • The title was changed to Where Are The Victorian Houses On The East Side

Archived