Brazil Cafe At 2604 Dunlavy St.

Jax

I noticed several new developments in the vicinity of the Westheimer / Dunlavy intersection.

First of all, next to Cafe Brazil there's something going up. Does anybody konw what it is? It seems to at least not be a strip mall so that's a good sign! :)

Also on Westheimer between Dunlavy and Woodhead there's some new construction. I drove by too fast to see if there were any signs. Does anybody know what it could be?

This part of Westheimer is a really cool area (in my opinion), with a lot of pedestrian activity, non mainstream cafes and retail, and some interesting bars. It reminds me of a street in Montreal called "St. Laurent" where I used to live.

...on Westheimer between Dunlavy and Woodhead there's some new construction. I drove by too fast to see if there were any signs. Does anybody know what it could be?

There's an existing thread here about this site.

Don't have any info on the one near Cafe Brazil. Does it front on Westheimer or Dunlavy? Which side of the street?

There's an existing thread here about this site.

Don't have any info on the one near Cafe Brazil. Does it front on Westheimer or Dunlavy? Which side of the street?

It's on Dunlavy in between Westheimer and Hawthorne on the west side of the street. I believe Brasil is expanding. Could be wrong.

It's on the left side of Cafe Brazil on Dunlavy. At least if you are standing across Dunlavy and looking at Brazil, the construction is to the left. I guess that would be the south side.

It's being built right up to the sidewalk (no parking in front). At first I thought it was some sort of expansion of Brazil but now it looks like something different.

I called Cafe Brasil, since I've been wondering, too. The new building is their new kitchen.

Hope the new one works better than the last one. My husband and I were there a few weeks ago, and after an hour waiting for our food we finally left. I've had good experiences there before, so I hope that was just a fluke.

It's on the left side of Cafe Brazil on Dunlavy. At least if you are standing across Dunlavy and looking at Brazil, the construction is to the left. I guess that would be the south side.

It's being built right up to the sidewalk (no parking in front). At first I thought it was some sort of expansion of Brazil but now it looks like something different.

It is south of Brasil, but on the west side of dunlavy. Directly acroos the street from edin. Brasil just finished a mural where the construction is, so I am assuming it will be part of the interior of some sort of expansion.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that across the street from Brazil to the North (on Westhiemer) the former paint store which was closed is now an antique shop. Makes sense to me, considering all the other antique shops in the area. It was a nice old house too so I'm glad they didn't tear it down. It'll be interesting to see what the area is like when the current mystery construction is finished.

• The title was changed to New Development On Westheimer Rd. At Dunlavy St.
  • The title was changed to Brazil Cafe At 2604 Dunlavy St.

Archived