Lowering the Height of Outdoor Streetside Business Logos

Will Houston ever have an ordiance such as this in the near future?

I used to live in California where every other city has ordinance requiring streetside business logos that are mostly modern-day like to be on the ground. Not literally on the ground, but the height of a dwarf. Ten foot poles or any height of the like are not allowed. It would make some type of difference in Houston's visual environment beacuse of the clutterfied blandness of giant logos sitting on top of ten foot poles, one after another. If not, than at most a six foot pole. I don't care if it takes ten to twenty years.

Examples of business logos on the streetside sitting on a pillar. You won't see towering giant logos at these places in the pics.

Carlsjrsrestaurant.jpg

Burgerkingrestaurant.jpg

Jackinthebox.jpg

Newchevrongasstation.jpg

Current examples of what we see in Houston every other day are the McDonald's sign off Pierce Elevated and I-45 North Freeway. Think about it now. Even though the eyes of the average Houston driver will have to be trained a bit harder to spot a business in this manner.

Edited by DaTrain

Will Houston ever have an ordiance such as this in the near future?

some of the burbs have it already. as for houston, about the only thing they could do it phase them out over time, but it would cost businesses. as the city is making money for permits on them, i don't think the city will address this concern soon. there are just too many other major issues