Pasadena Subforum

foxmulder

Demographics, basically.

True and if I'm not mistaken Haif creates a forum if they get enough responses from individuals in the immediate area. That is why they have "other neighborhoods" section in the interum. The caption is just above. I personally only recall 1-3 people from Pasadena participate for a short time then they disappear.

I am still here, still a little less since I was last critiqued for LOUD typing. I have been more concerned with an up and coming election here in Pasadena,Texas. Our mayor and city council are at odds over a major city charter change. Fundraisers to restore our vintage movie house the Capitan have been luke warm success. Another steaming issue before our city council is a super sports facility in a two city arrangement.In an aggreement with La Porte,Texas our share to start would be around 11 million and would be a start to fill up over 99 acres belonging to Pasadena.

Sections are not created based on population. They are created based on popularity. If there are more Pasadena posts, it will warrant a Pasadena section.

I'll add this to the HAIFAQ

http://www.ci.pasadena.tx.us/citygram.htm#TV16 this is a link to Our Community channel so many of you Pasadena haters can see the positive side to our beautiful city. Now don't all of you go hate post on me just read the entries I have read and you will see the pattern there. We have our problems and god help us we are trying to find a path away from them, just as Houston has been trying. We would ship all of these refineries over to Katy or the Woodlands if we could, but as fate would have it we are stuck with them, deal with it just as we are, one day at a time and at times one gasp for air at a time.

http://www.pasadenatexas.com/phpbb/viewfor...d4463066d5f94d5

this link is to a Pasadena Only site for sounding off as we are allowed to do here.

• 4 weeks later...

"We Have Spoken over here in Pasadena, Texas"

No change in our form of governing power base, sorry City Council that means no pay raise. There has been a battle going on about the proposed charter changes but more importantly the driving force behind the changes. The Pasadena Citizens let our Mayor know he did not pull the wool or bull over on us. " JUST SAY NO" was JUST VOTE NO in Pasadena and out with some of the old and in with some new or not so new council members. I just can't wait for Tuesday nights city council meeting, city politics is a starting point to learn about our government. So few even want to get off their behinds and experiance the drama, it really helps you understand the complexities of state and federal branches a little more.

"We Have Spoken over here in Pasadena, Texas"

No change in our form of governing power base, sorry City Council that means no pay raise. There has been a battle going on about the proposed charter changes but more importantly the driving force behind the changes. The Pasadena Citizens let our Mayor know he did not pull the wool or bull over on us. " JUST SAY NO" was JUST VOTE NO in Pasadena and out with some of the old and in with some new or not so new council members. I just can't wait for Tuesday nights city council meeting, city politics is a starting point to learn about our government. So few even want to get off their behinds and experiance the drama, it really helps you understand the complexities of state and federal branches a little more.

Sounds like the sort of thing that should have its own thread. I think you should make a new one, and explain the situation in detail for those of us who haven't been following it.

Archived