East Side Development

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

East side is relativley barren and the slowest growing part of town. SO slow many people don't know where it is. WHen I say I'm from Northshore even cab drivers don't know where we are. I have to say"By the ship channel bridge,Washburn Tunnel, or The Budweiser plant.".

Well I have a few questions liek when is development coming? WHy didn't the East side develop? And when the new minimall coming?

There's supposed to be a minishopping center equivelent to Meyerland or The FOuntains in Stafford coming to East Houston. It's supposed to be at I-10 and Freepor-Uvalde just next to the Walmart. This was announced years ago and still hasn't happened. They've just built one freestanding structure. We need more. ANymore developments coming? We still don't have a SUpertarget,Bestbuy,Barnes&Noble, or evena Starbucks.

East side is relativley barren and the slowest growing part of town. SO slow many people don't know where it is. WHen I say I'm from Northshore even cab drivers don't know where we are. I have to say"By the ship channel bridge,Washburn Tunnel, or The Budweiser plant.".

Well I have a few questions liek when is development coming? WHy didn't the East side develop? And when the new minimall coming?

There's supposed to be a minishopping center equivelent to Meyerland or The FOuntains in Stafford coming to East Houston. It's supposed to be at I-10 and Freepor-Uvalde just next to the Walmart. This was announced years ago and still hasn't happened. They've just built one freestanding structure. We need more. ANymore developments coming? We still don't have a SUpertarget,Bestbuy,Barnes&Noble, or evena Starbucks.

who is your doctor? i need a prescription.

I was wondering when someone in that area would join this forum and scream out "Were' here!" Don't forget us!

To most newcomers to Houston they don't even know that area exists. Start shouting! :P

Actually, Northshore area is considered NorthEast Houston now that I think about it. So it would fall under Other Neighborhoods section.

Edited by Vertigo58

I grew up in Channelview and after 7 yrs decided to drive thru and see the old house.....damn that is a hell hole...there are no deed restrictions and crap is everywhere...what the hell happened? I still like Northshore...thinking about moving around the Woodforest/Uvalde intersection...and its actually very east.