Channel 11 anchor

Newsdawg

She is hot!

Lucy Noland, a Saigon native and single mother of three, will become co-anchor of Channel 11's 5 and 10 p.m. news beginning Monday. She replaces Lisa Foronda, who announced in December that she was leaving the station.

Nolan said the beauty of the city, the warmness of the people and the sizable Vietnamese population figured in her leaving her job as co-anchor of the morning show at the Fox affiliate in New York City,

Going from the No. 1 to the No. 10 market is notan unprecedented move. Channel 11 anchor Greg Hurst came here from New York.

"It's time for me to put down roots, to have a house and home," Noland said. "This nomadic lifestyle has been fun. It's taken me far and wide, and it's provided me the depth of knowledge to know a good thing when I see it. Houston's it."

Before New York, Noland worked at stations in Detroit; Fresno, Calif., and Anchorage and Fairbanks, Alaska. She is a member of the Asian American Journalists Association.

Edited by Newsdawg

Foronda was the better anchor.

I kind of liked how KHOU was going with a serious theme of get to the point wihout much stupidity that involved teasing and jokes on the air. So I guess Len Cannon got knifed in the back and will go back to some other time spot.

I speculate this move comes just from trying to be politically correct and not have an all male news team. That sucks that they are breaking this team up just to get a woman in there and NOT because Hurst and Cannon did a bad job.