Houston's new TV network

editor

There was a post last year where people were lamenting the fact that Houston doesn't have its own TV network. Most of the TV networks are based in New York (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, Telemundo, MyNetworkTV), or Los Angeles (CW, Univision). Even most cable "neworks" are located in New York, LA, Atlanta (CNN, TBS, TNT, TCM, TurnerSouth, Weather Channel), or Nashville (Food Network, HGTV).

Until now, Houston's only presence has been the anemic Horse channel which is barely seen anywhere outside of Dish Network.

BUT now there is a real Houston-based television network. And by "real" I mean it meets the FCC definition of a television network (affiliates reaching 70% of the nation), not just some guy with an antenna in his backyard proclaiming himself to be the "Billy Bob Television Network."

The Houston Business Journal has more on it. It's called LatinAmerica Broadcasting, and in Houston is carried on Channel 30 KCVH-LP. Here's it's over-the-air footprint:

TX1130241.gif

The company's been on the air since last year, but a recent deal means it will expand nationwide in the next year or so.

I just googled for their website and couldn't find one.

Here's the link in english...

Much of the program grid looks to be reruns of various shows... not sure what, if anything, may be original programming.

The newscast is produced by an independent contractor of sorts which produces newscasts for several stations across the country in english and spanish.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews

I am guessing this is the new latin channel mentioned in the recent TW/Comcast channel adjustments:

from the chron article:

LATV, a bilingual music/entertainment network affiliated with Channel 2, will launch April 23.

I am guessing this is the new latin channel mentioned in the recent TW/Comcast channel adjustments:

from the chron article:

LATV, a bilingual music/entertainment network affiliated with Channel 2, will launch April 23.

LATV is something else... It will be on one of KPRC's Digital Subchannels from what I understand in this article.