Advertising gone too far?

This article shows how some people are very apprehensive about the possibility of getting into bed with advertising on their buses. I don't think it would happen at OUR Light Rail stations, but it is a possibility at some of our bus stops and possibly our buses.

I know metro has discussed the possibility before and on here (I just couldn't find the thread, probably just a slight digression of another topic, but I digress!), and how quite a few of us are opposed of putting advertising on the side (or even wrapped around) the buses.

But I figured that article is relevant enough to discuss further?

Excuse me, I'm going to finish off my bottle of wine.

I have no problems with bus advertising, even if they're entirely wrapped. In fact I'm continually disappointed by the Chicago Transit Authority because so many of its advertising spaces are EMPTY. Millions of dollars could be made filling that space. I'd estimate that probably 40% of available train space is empty or filled with city PSAs that are three months out of date.

If Houston Metro is going to do it, it should be done right -- don't sell all of your ad inventory to Clear Channel!

• 4 weeks later...