Found My Favorite Part Of Cypress

mrfootball

Cy-Springs is about 6 to 7 years old I think...BUT......"rundown" isn't what you think...if that's rundown then I must have attended high school in Iraq (I'm FBISD) and my HISD neighbors must've went to school during WWII.

Cy-Springs attracts a mixed demographic that even some HISD schools don't attract...the school is across from a trailer park, has apartments zoned to it...alot of starter home neighborhoods and some upscale areas...

Like someone mentioned a few posts earlier. Cy-Fair ISD is caught in an area where it's rapidly developing and the city comes in contact with the country so you have everything out there

HBCU may be stretching things a bit...

Cy-Springs (39%White, 36%Hisp, 19%Black, 28%EconDis) and Cy-Ridge (41%Hisp, 30%White, 16%Black, 34%EconDis) have a more mixed Demographic being predominately white and hispanic - not quite your usual HISD type numbers, but certainly more diverse than other schools in the Cy-Fair district. As for a "mixed demographic that some HISD schools don't attract" by comparison, one of HISDs 'whitest' high schools, Lamar is (36%White, 32%Hispanic, 27%Black, 37%EconDis). So HISD's 'whitest' is roughly the same as CFISD's 'most diverse'. As far as the facilities, they're as good as any in the Houston area.

Cy-Fair ISD is caught in an area where it's rapidly developing and the city comes in contact with the country so you have everything out there

I have to laugh at that one. There's a lot of nice stuff "out there" (apart from the masterplanned neighborhoods) - which btw, is the actual topic of this thread.

• The title was changed to Found My Favorite Part Of Cypress

Archived