Where Do You Worship In The Katy Area?

Kingsland Baptist Church across from Taylor High School is a wonderful, thriving church w/ great leadership. The childrens' programs are top notch. Here's a link to the website so you can find out alot more yourself. http://www.kingsland.org/

My mother in law had never been to a Baptist Church until she started attending w/ us on her visits to our home and she really enjoys the church alot and looks forward to hearing Pastor Alex Kennedy speak. She's a lifelong Methodist.

We use to go to St. Bartholomew in the city of Katy, but now we make that long ass drive to Lakewood because my parents like that church better.

I have heard a lot of good things about Lakewood, I am not a fan of non-dominational, because it seems to be more of a concert than worship, but maybe I am just close minded.

The concert part is like for the first twenty minutes, but they actually worship for the next forty. People leave in droves during the last five minutes, even though he asks them not to leave (gotta beat that traffic).

• 4 weeks later...

We prefer non-denominational....

We like attending church in Katy for the benefit of our children and it's much easier to socialize with your "church friends" during the week. Plus, you are more likely to run into them around town or end up on the same sports teams.

Anyway, if you prefer Methodist...Grace on Mason Rd. is very popular and growing. It has recently expanded it's facilities to take in the former Equestrian Center arena. They also have a very popular weekday preschool.

If you would also like to try non-denominational, many start-up churches meet in area schools, there is also Katy Community (meeting in the Katy Mills theater), and Faith West. Faith West also has an established private school from PK-12th.

• 1 month later...
probably Methodist or non-denominational

Grace Fellowship UMC is the largest contemporary Methodist church in the Katy (Cinco Ranch) area.

St. Peter's UMC would be the largest Methodist church that is more traditional in style.

Katy First UMC is right in the middle of old town.

If you are interested in getting in on the ground floor or something new, a new pastor is being assigned to help start another new Methodist church in the area. Not sure about the timeline on that.

http://huhns.org/category/church-start/

• The title was changed to Where Do You Worship In The Katy Area?