Jogging/Bike Trails

I know jogging in the East End has been discussed in another topic, but I found no specific mention of any jogging/biking trails in the area. Are there any currently in existance? Also, are there any included in the master plans for Buffalo Bayou and Braes Bayou? Thanks.

I know jogging in the East End has been discussed in another topic, but I found no specific mention of any jogging/biking trails in the area. Are there any currently in existance? Also, are there any included in the master plans for Buffalo Bayou and Braes Bayou? Thanks.

there's a fairly long one that starts/ends on commerce just east of the warehouse district and runs parallel to harrisburg to marsden. i use that trail frequently. i ride all through the east side on my bike. you can cut through many neighborhood streets and avoid traffic. as for jogging trails. there's a pretty good one at mason park. i believe it is over a mile long.

Absolutely,

Some of the most scenic are along Idylwood Park & Forest Lawn Cemetary. The Super-neighborhood orgs have been working effortlessly to beautify the areas along the bayous and doing a great job of it too! As an addition, I am thrilled to see more and more groups of joggers and bike riders cruising along in the neighborhoods. The joggers are growing in numbers around the Villa de Matel Convent too as they once did.

Absolutely,

Some of the most scenic are along Idylwood Park & Forest Lawn Cemetary. The Super-neighborhood orgs have been working effortlessly to beautify the areas along the bayous and doing a great job of it too!

They're doing a great job at their effortless work? :lol:

People sometimes jog across the street (on the N. MacGregor side) from Spurlock (or Idylwood) park in a field but there is no path or trail - just grass and it is not a very large space and full of

Across from Idylwood on the other side of the bayou is the cemetery which is also across the bayou from Gus Wortham. Both sides of the cemetery have paved private streets which folks sometimes use as jogging or biking trails.

Well said,

We nuns don't worry about jogging anyway we just hover (fly) over the convent grounds. :lol:

• 1 month later...

A paved sidewalk has been installed along Brays Bayou from near Mason Park to the golf course...ending just short of Lawndale. My understandings is that once wideening of the bayou commences between Lawndale and Calhoun, the paved sidewalk will be extended. We rode our bikes on the sidewalk a few weeks ago but heavy rain had made it rather muddy.

Archived