Steak Restaurants In Houston

any recomendations on a place to get a good steak (at a reasonable price) other than the major steakhouses...

No doubt Fogo de Chao is my first option, but I don't consider it cheap. We have so many good places like Taste of Texas, Churrascos, Perry's, Vic & Anthony's, America's, Spencer's at the Hilton Americas, Capital Grill.

Now I'm hungry.

I find Nelore on Montrose to be a much better alternative to FdC. It has a lovely cozy atmosphere, the food is just as good, and the prices are better!

You are correct. I always forget the name of the place.

Fogo de Chao is closer for me at lunch time so I go there a lot, but as you say Nelore is a smaller, more intimate, cheaper option.

Anyone have any reviews of Bonnie's on the Gulf Freeway?

I haven't been to Bonnie's since the 70's. It is just so far from me. I remember it having a starry night feel, with the ceiling painted and it being dimmly lit. is it still like this, or have they renovated ?

Guest Marty
any recomendations on a place to get a good steak (at a reasonable price) other than the major steakhouses...

Yes I have one "listen to TJONES" I started a thread similar to this one about Old Fashion hamburger places in Spring and everyone he recommended was top notch. B)

i don't understand the popularity of the place. the food is ok but nothing i would wait in line for. i did go one time when they had a trio playing and enjoyed that.

Bonnie's is perfect when you need a good place for lunch when you're downtown/intown and you need to meet someone who's in Clear Lake, Ship Channel, etc.

• The title was changed to Steak Restaurants In Houston