Home At 211 Chimney Rock Rd.

BenH

If you've lived in Houston for any real length of time, you've probably seen or at least driven by this house. It's on Chimney Rock, just past Memorial Drive:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r85/zoomanderson/House-On-Chimney-Rock.jpg

So who designed it?

• Like 1

It looks like a double wide! B)

Not quite so double-wide-esque in person. It is actually a pretty cool place. It sort of floats over a sloping site, and theres this really neat ovelapping square motif in the iron gate. But because it is so close to the street one cannot capture all of this in a photo.

BenH, I'd say I agree there are some Harwood Taylor looking aspects to the place.

Actually, while we are on a "whodunit" kick, just across Chimney Rock, at 407 Westminster (next to the Neuhaus & Taylor Frame house), there is a grey unidentified mod. It is one house west of the Frame house. Do any of you know the place?

Actually, while we are on a "whodunit" kick, just across Chimney Rock, at 407 Westminster (next to the Neuhaus & Taylor Frame house), there is a grey unidentified mod. It is one house west of the Frame house. Do any of you know the place?

I know the place and was wondering the same thing. I thought it was a dark blue though...

• 2 years later...
I'm thinking Neuhaus & Taylor.

Were you ever able to confirm this? Sure looks like their work. This house always catches my eye, as well.

There are several nicely designed mods on that row...most intriguing to me is the Asian redwood on the corner (Chimney Rock & Memorial Dr.). Always wondered if these mod houses and bridge across Buffalo Bayou were built at the same time. Another nice '60's style home sits (somewhat) behind the Asian style house, at 611 Timber Terrace, extends over the sloping creek bank, as well. Timber Terrace also leads to the unique one at 1 Spring Hollow.

Edited by NenaE

Were you ever able to confirm this? Sure looks like their work. This house always catches my eye, as well.

There are several nicely designed mods on that row...most intriguing to me is the Asian redwood on the corner (Chimney Rock & Memorial Dr.). Always wondered if these mod houses and bridge across Buffalo Bayou were built at the same time. Another nice '60's style home sits (somewhat) behind the Asian style house, at 611 Timber Terrace, extends over the sloping creek bank, as well. Timber Terrace also leads to the unique one at 1 Spring Hollow.

This house was actually the home of architect Harry Turner.

There is a MacKie & Kamrath house on Timber Terrace, along with a Wylie Vale design that is a more traditional ranch style.

• 1 year later...
The house in post #1, on a ravine, located at 211 Chimney Rock is for sale, http://search.har.co...HAR89283998.htm

Guess no one never figured out who built that one. Don't know why they have the views obstructed by the tv & dining room screen.

Actually, I did find out who designed it; just forgot to post it. It was architect Harry Turner's house.

• The title was changed to House At 211 Chimney Rock Rd.
  • The title was changed to Home At 211 Chimney Rock Rd.