The Houston Legend

Sooner&RiceGrad

Apparently the Astros club denied Bagwell his $18M buy-out clause, but will give him a $7M buyout to complete the 5-year deal. I don't know how I feel about this...but of course his health has really been down in the dumps lately. It's so sad.

I would love to see him stay with the team I love.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6122510

Apparently the Astros club denied Bagwell his $18M buy-out clause, but will give him a $7M buyout to complete the 5-year deal. I don't know how I feel about this...but of course his health has really been down in the dumps lately. It's so sad.

Man! This totally blows. My sister-in-law was complaining because she has to buy school supplies out of her own pocket and can't get a measly pay raise for teaching but doesn't get that Bagwell is getting screwed. I told her to shut her pie-hole, thank god for the pitance she has and get back to work...the ungrateful slut. >:)

[i hope Bagwell is going to be OK...anyone know how he's doing?...our prayers are with him]

Man! This totally blows. My sister-in-law was complaining because she has to buy school supplies out of her own pocket and can't get a measly pay raise for teaching but doesn't get that Bagwell is getting screwed. I told her to shut her pie-hole, thank god for the pitance she has and get back to work...the ungrateful slut. >:)

[i hope Bagwell is going to be OK...anyone know how he's doing?...our prayers are with him]

Very funny post get a job you smuck :lol::lol::lol:

"It doesn't mean anything at all," Bagwell told KRIV-TV in Houston. "Everyone knew this was going to happen. It is part of the business. I'm OK with it. This is not a sad day."

Seems like everyone is handling this very professionally. glad to see some know when its time to walk off proudly...

Thanks to Bagwell we have a new expression in the English language.

To Bagwell, verb, The act of retaining a valuable item which is no longer useful, for sentimental reasons. For example. I have bagwelled these old torn jeans for years.

How soon we forget.......... Bagwell didn't ask for his contract to be backloaded, the Astros did, and with Bags making 8 million in 2002 instead of what should have been 12 million, it freed up money to sign Kent and others. I'm not shedding a tear for Bagwell, but don't judge his contract in a vacuum.

You read the article wrong. The Astros declined to pick up Bagwell's option year, and instead, paid the $7 million buyout. In other words, he is STILL worthless on the playing field, so they are not going to pay $18 million for a broken player.

Huge difference from denying a buyout clause.

It has seemed to be one surgery after the next. I am under the impression that he is still on the team. They just aren't paying him...

You read the article wrong. The Astros declined to pick up Bagwell's option year, and instead, paid the $7 million buyout. In other words, he is STILL worthless on the playing field, so they are not going to pay $18 million for a broken player.

Huge difference from denying a buyout clause.

I read it just fine. They cancelled his $18M deal and paid the $7M buyout clause, it's in my first post. :blink:

Archived