The Falls At Friendswood: Mixed-Use Development

Boris

California developer heads to Texas with Friendswood project

Houston Business Journal - 10:31 AM CDT Thursdayby Allison WollamHouston Business Journal

Eclipse Development Group is entering the Texas market with a 138 acre mixed-use development in Friendswood.

The Falls at Friendswood, located at FM 528 and Nasa Parkway, will be the first pedestrian friendly mixed-use development in the Friendswood area. The project is slated to open in the fall of 2008.

Irvine, Calif.-based Eclipse Development is planning 500,000 square feet of retail along with a boutique hotel, custom townhomes, condominiums and upscale apartments.

The Falls at Friendswood will also include a four-acre lake and pocket parks featuring public art.

The developer chose Friendswood as the location of its first project in Texas due to the high household income in the area. Within a three-mile radius of the project, the average household income is $79,477.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

If I'm reading the map right, this would put it practically in Webster, though still inside the Friendswood city limits. I assume this project will be on the south side of FM 528? I think the land north of FM 528 at that intersection is in unincorporated Harris County, unless Friendswood recently annexed that land.

Anyway, there'll be even more traffic in the area to add on to the brutal traffic on NASA Rd. 1 and the Gulf Freeway, which is only blocks away.

• The title was changed to The Falls At Friendswood: Mixed-Use Development

Archived