Anyone Remodeled Their Pool?

stolitx

I'm getting bids to resurface my pool. It's your basic 20x40 simple rectangle. I'm trying to decide about tile options. The pool co. showed me your basic blue tile and some other that are more rustic. None I've seen are hitting me as something that compliments the my mcm home.

I've looked online but can't find any close up pics of mcm pools to see the tile details. Anyone have photos of classic mcm pools? Any ideas? I've bought some great mosaic tile for my kitchen. Would that work for pool tile? Seems it would be more complimentary to the house than the normal pool tiles.

I'm getting bids to resurface my pool. It's your basic 20x40 simple rectangle. I'm trying to decide about tile options. The pool co. showed me your basic blue tile and some other that are more rustic. None I've seen are hitting me as something that compliments the my mcm home.

I've looked online but can't find any close up pics of mcm pools to see the tile details. Anyone have photos of classic mcm pools? Any ideas? I've bought some great mosaic tile for my kitchen. Would that work for pool tile? Seems it would be more complimentary to the house than the normal pool tiles.

unfortunately, all pictures i have seen aren't close-up enough, either.

i kinda like some of the tile at this place, though:

http://www.mosaictilemarket.com/index.asp?...amp;Category=56

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm getting bids to resurface my pool.

And here, when I saw the title, I thought that you were going to actually remodel it. As in, convert it to a residential space. That's actually kind of an interesting thought...a drained, covered, and sealed pool could make for a very interesting space. The perfect "guy's getaway". A true grotto.

I'm curious about the bids to re-do the pool.

I'll be starting a house next month that has a pool in disrepair.

flipper

So far I got one bid for around $9,000 which includes replacing the tile, replacing the coping, increasing the size of the steps and resurfacing. That price also included estimated repair/replacement of the light fixture and pool motor which also weren't working.

I have a list of people to call for other bids, but life and work got in the way. I think a basic resurface with the tile & coping replacement would be in the $6000 range. But I really want my current steps extended so that adds to my bids.

• The title was changed to Anyone Remodeled Their Pool?

Archived