Broadstone Memorial: Multifamily At 875 N. Eldridge Pkwy.

sttombiz

it could be 810, but its on the corner of eldridge and memorial behind the new CVS

no thats the new hq or lofts of sueba on eldridge and enclave. this building was just torn down the other day to make way for something and I didnt know if anyone knew anything.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories.../21/story3.html

...this is dated 1997. what is happening at this site?

Transwestern Property Co. is considering purchasing and demolishing the J. Ray McDermott Inc. building in West Houston to make way for a huge new office building complex, according to real estate sources.

Transwestern, which last year moved its headquarters from Houston to Dallas, may be the first company to take advantage of newfound development opportunities in the booming Energy Corridor, which is boasting the highest office occupancy rates in the city.

Transwestern officials would not comment on the project, but sources close to the deal say the company is eyeing plans for what could be a three-building complex spanning between 600,000 and 700,000 square feet. It is not known whether Transwestern has a potential tenant lined up for the project or whether the firm will proceed with a speculative development.

Cooper Ford, manager of human resources for McDermott, confirms the company is in discussions with Transwestern for the possible purchase of its 21-acre tract at the northwest corner of Eldridge Parkway and Memorial Drive.

"They are a prospect, but that's all I can say right now," Ford says.

Transwestern Executive Vice President Larry Heard could not be reached for comment by press time, and a Transwestern spokeswoman declined to comment on the deal.

"We consider that rumors and speculation, and we don't comment on speculation," says Transwestern spokeswoman Karin Knapp. Cushman Realty broker Tim Relyea, who represents McDermott, did not return telephone calls. But real estate sources familiar with the deal say the land is expected to go under contract within the next week.

McDermott announced last fall that it would move its headquarters to a vacant 215,000-square-foot building at 9401 Southwest Freeway. Ford says the move will be made this fall.

Real estate sources say McDermott has been considering demolishing its 225,000-square-foot building at 801 Eldridge to make the land more marketable. The three-story building was developed in 1981.

As plans simmer for what could be the first major building to be developed within the city of Houston in several years, Transwestern is moving forward with a similar office project in Sugar Land. The company is working with the City of Sugar Land for a tax abatement on a project that calls for the development of a 500,000-square-foot office complex on 18 acres near the Southwest Freeway and Sugar Creek Boulevard.

• 1 month later...

have there been any updates on the new development at the old hudson energy complex off eldridge (801 eldridge). transwestern is dividing up the site. CVS and Wachovia have been built and the new church is starting construction.

does anyone know about what else is going to be housed on the property? I looked on hcad and it looks like CVS owns quite a portion of Transwestern's property there (1.5 mil sq ft). didnt know if this was mix up.

if anyone knows anything more it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

anyone knows anything more it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I don't know of any new developments, but I really would suggest that you change the topic of the thread to reflect the development, rather than have such a vague name.

Just a thought. :closedeyes:

• 1 month later...

the memorial hospital system owns this property along with 11.8 acres near on the i-10 frontage rd. are there any projects in the works?

the land is being cleared for something...

the church (spring branch comm), thank god (ironic?), is mixing in the use of trees but hopefully the entire project will.

any news?

• 5 months later...

I think this posted somewhere else. I will check.

but an update on this project: its supposed to be a townhome/apt project with townhomes at the entrance for a more 'neighborhood feel.' whatever that means. its being built by broadstone or broadstone living. I guess it is the West 18th project which has no picture. http://www.broadstoneliving.com/houston.html

• The title was changed to Broadstone Memorial: Multifamily At 875 N. Eldridge Pkwy.

Archived