bored bored bored

wendyps

if you must know (self-serving rant to follow):

we are exhausted, tired and sore.

our trainer busted our ass friday morning and we are still recovering.

our first week of school required our child to have a sports physical which resulted in an echocardiogram.

the echocardiogram required leg work and phone calls in order for insurance to pay.

school supplies and a mound of papers had to be signed by the second day of school.

we expedited echocardiogram's results to coaches and trainer in order for our child to attend practice.

we mowed, weeded and edged two yards in the heat.

we payed bills and cleaned house.

we cooked meals and did laundry.

we slept an average of 6 hours a night this week.

we spent more than four hours in the car on friday alone running errands and hauling kids around.

and the number one reason "we" are home tonight, not out drinking champagne and telling fabulous stories is because.................our child is out with friends for the night!!!!!!!! quiet house. peace. rest. at least for a few more hours. yippie.

wow, that was kinda therapeutic. thanks. ;)

sound like good excuses :D

me, I have none! I'm going out!

unplanned meet and greet??? if anyone is interested? I'm thinking Jimmie's ice house...no fancy clothes or champagne, but maybe fabulous conversation :D

why are we all here and not out drinking champagne in fancy clothes and telling fabulous stories?
Doing the above would be indicative of actually having a life, which I don't.

Actually, I quit drinking years ago, and I no desire for the

if you must know (self-serving rant to follow):

we are exhausted, tired and sore.

our trainer busted our ass friday morning and we are still recovering.

our first week of school required our child to have a sports physical which resulted in an echocardiogram.

the echocardiogram required leg work and phone calls in order for insurance to pay.

school supplies and a mound of papers had to be signed by the second day of school.

we expedited echocardiogram's results to coaches and trainer in order for our child to attend practice.

we mowed, weeded and edged two yards in the heat.

we payed bills and cleaned house.

we cooked meals and did laundry.

we slept an average of 6 hours a night this week.

we spent more than four hours in the car on friday alone running errands and hauling kids around.

and the number one reason "we" are home tonight, not out drinking champagne and telling fabulous stories is because.................our child is out with friends for the night!!!!!!!! quiet house. peace. rest. at least for a few more hours. yippie.

wow, that was kinda therapeutic. thanks. ;)

WOW ! You too, I took our 2 month old over to Grandma's for just one nights uninterrupted sleep. We need a break. The 4yr. old has been asking all night where her sister was ! N3eedless to say, she was not happy with the answer, she wanted us to go get her sister.

• 1 year later...
I am the title of this thread. Almost everyone in my office is already gone for the holidays. Anyone else experiencing this slowness as well?

Yes, most definitely - this will be the easiest or most difficult week ever...

Then I'm gonna be living vicariously through you! Oh, there are a lot of people gone. I so love that-- the execs demanding that us minions left behind with insufficient decision authority just push harder to meet deadline, while they go to Anguilla with the family for the holidays..... A major project launch for the first week of Jan is skidding off the rails.....the next three weeks will be pure panic. Ooh, the pricing actuary on this conference call (I'm multi-tasking!!) just said he can't make next week's date, Poo. As in all the poo rolling downhill.........

Ah, better now! Needed to vent. The good news is that I'll be doing my vacation travelling after all the non-flying mouth-breathers are home and back to work. :)

Archived