Downtown, Uptown, Med Center & Museum District

mrell32

Not with Afton Oaks in the way. Look at the fuss they're putting up over rail. I could see Greenway connecting to Midtown if things got dense enough. Perhaps Midtown would have filled in at such a time.

Well, I think a-oaks (fill in the name yourself) will probably wind up being an enclave surrounded by mid to High rises eventually, unless whoever owns it in the future decide the price is too good to pass up.

I do believe that medical center development is going to be fascinating to look at into the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see a highly dense area along holcomb/bellaire out to the Bellaire City Limits.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but isn't that building shown in your last picture kind of ugly ? Or is it just me? I've noticed it near the 610/59 interchange. It's so skinny and all those little windows look funny.

hpim1975dz9.jpg

I have spent more than a few nights partying in the penthouse on the far back left side of this building back in my bartender/bouncer days of the mid 90's, It is called The Bristol. Very decent building, nice penthouses also. 2 story jobs with 30 ft. vaulted ceilings. patio around the whole outside make for very nice views of the city at night, and if you are drunk enough, you'll swear that you can make it to the pool down below if you jump out far enough. That's when your friends say "GO FOR IT !", and then your real friends pull you back inside and take your drunk@$$ home. ;)

I don't mean to offend anyone, but isn't that building shown in your last picture kind of ugly ? Or is it just me? I've noticed it near the 610/59 interchange. It's so skinny and all those little windows look funny.

That would be the infamous Mercer tower, it's not a very popular building.

That would be the infamous Mercer tower, it's not a very popular building.

That's not the Mercer. The Mercer is to the left of the shot (out of frame).

Speaking of the Mercer, I thank all that is Holy that it's twin didn't go up. What an albatross! :blink:

That's not the Mercer. The Mercer is to the left of the shot (out of frame).

Speaking of the Mercer, I thank all that is Holy that it's twin didn't go up. What an albatross! :blink:

It looks like the Mercer to me too. (talking about last pic in post 12) Here's a link to their page and the pic of the back is exactly the same.

http://www.themercerhighrise.com/index.html

I do agree that it's a good thing the 2nd didn't go up, but maybe it wouldn't look so skinny with a twin by it. However, since our city is famous for tearing things down, we can hope it doesn't lease well and they decide to tear it down. Oh wait, that would be too lucky -lol. It's such an EYESORE and everybody comments on it. It wouldn't be so bad if they would have done more with the back of the building since it's seen by more people than the front (b/c of how it sits on the lot).

mrell32 -GREAT pics! Thanks for sharing!

The Mercer is a for-sale condo building. The sales went fairly well actually, as people seemed to like the 1 to 2 units per floor plan. Rumor has it that the second tower might still go up as early as later this year!

The Mercer is a for-sale condo building. The sales went fairly well actually, as people seemed to like the 1 to 2 units per floor plan. Rumor has it that the second tower might still go up as early as later this year!

Sorry, I knew they were for sale, not lease. Please forgive my typo as I was trying to get my reply out fast and didn't proofread. I guess I should say I hope they don't sell well. As far as the 2nd tower, maybe it will help the asthetics as the chance of it being knocked down are very little (but I know many who wish it were -lol).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived