small-scale things needed

sevfiv

i am looking for little things - cars, generic buildings, trees, oddball items like traffic cones, heavy machinery.

where can i purchase these? (or does anyone have anything to part with? :))

places like hobby lobby and model places seem to either have too large-sized items or a limited selection.

most of the things i need i am going to try and make, but was just wondering about some tips...

i am looking for little things - cars, generic buildings, trees, oddball items like traffic cones, heavy machinery.

where can i purchase these? (or does anyone have anything to part with? :))

places like hobby lobby and model places seem to either have too large-sized items or a limited selection.

most of the things i need i am going to try and make, but was just wondering about some tips...

Planes and Trains on Westheimer and Fondren. I got a 4 yr. old who loves her hot wheels, so I can't help at this time. Wal-Mart, has toy car sets and stuff with cones and whatnot. Just head over to the toy section.

Planes and Trains on Westheimer and Fondren. I got a 4 yr. old who loves her hot wheels, so I can't help at this time. Wal-Mart, has toy car sets and stuff with cones and whatnot. Just head over to the toy section.

thanks - i'll take a look again, but i think they are still too large

Sounds like you need H.O. scale, and Planes and Trains will have that.

HO scale is 1:87 (or 3.5mm per foot). that sounds about right...i think

i'll check out that place...although they only showcase planes and trains (who'd a thought) on their site, do they have other things?

Sounds like you need H.O. scale, and Planes and Trains will have that.

or even N scale. that would be even smaller.

Try any model train shop.

Locally, G&G in Rice Village comes to mind.

I believe there's another place in Rice Village on Times between Shiva Restaurant and Kirby.

That should be G&G.

They should have model train scenery that would work. I have seen litttle cones and construction people in n scale before (and HO scale)

HO scale is 1:87 (or 3.5mm per foot). that sounds about right...i think

i'll check out that place...although they only showcase planes and trains (who'd a thought) on their site, do they have other things?

Yes, they have ALL the scenery and mountain stuff, trees bushes and such. HO cars as well.

Sorry Sub, I liked your signature ALOT ! I had to do it.

Well, someone's gotta ask. Whatcha making, sevfiv?

I hope it's a stop-action horror film....

ooh good idea!

actually, i was goign to try and reconstruct a few street scenes (if i can get some building detail down, then they will include abandoned/demolished buildings that i have had my eye on) to photograph them in a new light.

kind of like photomacrography, but kinda not. i suppose the little sets would be neat on their own, too...

Archived