Dallas Mall thread

Here it is :D

QUOTE(houstonsemipro @ Saturday, May 13th, 2006 @ 4:00pm)

Not anymore...

It's NorthPark's big day

High-end mall becomes Texas' largest with unveiling of $225 million expansion

10:31 AM CDT on Friday, May 5, 2006

By MARIA HALKIAS / The Dallas Morning News

NorthPark Center takes its place among the nation's exclusive malls Friday, unveiling a $225 million expansion that has been in the works for more than a decade.

The 41-year-old Dallas shopping center joins a handful of U.S. malls with anticipated annual sales of at least $1 billion. At 2.35 million square feet, it's now the largest mall in Texas and one of the five largest in the U.S., according to the International Council of Shopping Centers.

It's where new stores such as American Eagle Outfitters' Martin + Osa and J. Crew spinoffs Crewcuts and Madewell will open first. And it's a beachhead for the European invasion of hot specialty stores that include Intermix and Mango

Dallas was chosen because it's one of the top retail markets, and NorthPark was chosen because of its expansion, said chief operating officer Chuck Chupein.

I've seen the future, I can't afford it

Tell me the truth sir, someone just bought it

Say mr. whispers! Here come the click of dice

Roulette and blackjacks - build us a paradise

Larger than life and twice as ugly

If we have to live there, you'll have to drug me

I've seen the future, I can't afford it

Tell me the truth sir, someone just bought it

Say mr. whispers! Here come the click of dice

Roulette and blackjacks - build us a paradise

Larger than life and twice as ugly

If we have to live there, you'll have to drug me

:lol::lol::lol:

Northpark has now become my kind of mall. It was one of the first malls I visited in Dallas, and I must admit it had the upscale stores, but the architecture, was very cold and boring. Now with the addition of the new stores for a younger crowd, it has now become my number one shopping desination when I am in the DFW Metroplex..

IMO i think the architecture is cool. Stuff like that isnt built anymore. Today its gotta have brick and look like something from europe or a bad autocad rendering or both.

Northpark is great, today with old malls getting torn down(and no new ones being built) its good to see some of the 'regular' suburban type malls(versus mega urban shopping destinations like the houston galleria which are here to stay) being upgraded and saved. I bet when im old there wont be many indoor suburban malls left and people will be going crazy trying to save and restore them. Funny how things change

• 2 weeks later...

DAMN! DAMN! DAMNN!!!! Damnt they did it they beat the Houston Galleria in size! But that expansion is nice I was in Dallas last month an Northpark is nice had to do some splurging while i was there lol. They seem to have a lot of upscale malls in Dallas excellent shopping all around there. Maybe the Houston Galleria will next it to the next level now. Since that the only big powermall besides memorial city. How do they have a city full of nice stuff? They have better shopping than Chicago!

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't call Northpark a "normal" type mall, really, any more than I'd say that about the Gallerias. The new section of it is fantastic (I especially love the ceiling design. Yeah I know it sounds weird but believe me it's amazing) and it's just a very classy place. Partly because of Nasher's way of doing things but now I've gone on way longer than I intended to.

Archived