HPD overtime up to 100,000/yr

musicman

Seems HPD's highest paid officer also has a high number of complaints against. He arrested two people on public intoxication charges and didn't turn in marijuana found on them. He also submitted at least 4 overtime requests for overtime hours not actually worked.

This person is currently the highest paid officer behind Chief Hurtt.

Someone like this should have been fired years ago and charges should have definitely been filed.

Chronicle article

Hopefully this sort of thing isnt widespread.........

I don't think it is. Though people I know have had more than their share of harassment by Houston Police officers, I don't think it's systemic. I think it's more of an artifact of the "good ol' boys" network that permeates a lot of things in Houston. There are certain people who think they are above the law and can get away with anything. I'm sure a certain number of them are in the police department. This may just be one of those people.

I don't think it is. Though people I know have had more than their share of harassment by Houston Police officers, I don't think it's systemic. I think it's more of an artifact of the "good ol' boys" network that permeates a lot of things in Houston. There are certain people who think they are above the law and can get away with anything. I'm sure a certain number of them are in the police department. This may just be one of those people.

I don't know what it's like either. But I had an instructor at UHD that was also a cop that taught martial arts for HPD. He had talked about the corruptness in the system but we didn't really think much until the crime lab scandal broke out and other incidents began to be investigated.

Does anyone remember hearing a story about a cop getting killed at HPD headquarters about two or three years ago? I thought it was pretty odd that on the news it was just reported that he was shot. That's it nothing about what lead to the shooting. Well, I have a friend that is an autopsy assistant for the county; he said that it was self inflicted. That the detective was under investigation by internal affairs. We assume that he must have had one hell of a rap sheet to go out like that.

I'm sure there is some corruptness in the system, to what extent I don't know. I just give all officers the benefit of the doubt

Does anyone remember hearing a story about a cop getting killed at HPD headquarters about two or three years ago? I thought it was pretty odd that on the news it was just reported that he was shot. That's it nothing about what lead to the shooting. Well, I have a friend that is an autopsy assistant for the county; he said that it was self inflicted.

I vaguely remember it, and the fact that the media dropped the story is usually a good indication it was self-inflicted.

I vaguely remember it, and the fact that the media dropped the story is usually a good indication it was self-inflicted.

And the fact that he did it at the workplace is an indication that it was work related, as well.

Usually when the media drop a story such as this, they give the excuse that it's "to protect the family". Funny that families of those who commit other crimes are not given the same consideration.

And the fact that he did it at the workplace is an indication that it was work related, as well.

Usually when the media drop a story such as this, they give the excuse that it's "to protect the family". Funny that families of those who commit other crimes are not given the same consideration.

It depends on the crime, and a number of other factors. Unless you're in the newsroom at the time the decision is made, you have no wayof knowing what stories have been dropped or why.

Archived