Bryan's Traditions home to a 2006 Southern Living Idea House

Scotch

from the Traditions Club website:

Those privy to the landscapes, views and amenities of the Traditions community have long recognized it as the ideal place for a dream home. In June, the rest of the nation will be in on the secret.

Each year, Southern Living magazine chooses three locations across the South to build its

Thats really good news and exposure for Bryan. Is it me, or does it seem like for the first time in many years Bryan is finally growing and both it and College Station can match each others growth?
College Station still has more new home construction, in fact, it is growing so rapidly that the street infrastructure lags behind in some areas(Barron Rd. for one). The difference between now and ten years ago is that Bryan has options for buyers who have the money to spend more on a home. Traditions was just what Bryan needed, and the exposure we have already received by being the home of Texas A&M golf is awesome. The Southern Living home will just add to the good publicity.

• 2 months later...

I went at saw the house a couple of weeks ago. Its not bad. It backs right up to the golf course, has a nice pool with a little bridge over it between the main pool and hot tub. There is a separate guest house. The kitched was really nice with what is now pretty standard for new custom homes (stainless appliances). It also had a marble (or light granite) island that had a built-in marble dining table that juts out towards the den. The master bedroom was nice but the best part of the house was probably the master bath and closets. It was a nice house and I would certainly live there if they were giving it away, but I think it was WAY too hyped. Not really all that much to get excited about. I would say its worth the $5 to look at the house if you don't have anything better to do and you really enjoy looking at houses, but prepare to NOT be blown away.

Archived