2022 Harris County Judge Race

mattyt36

I wasn't paying too much attention to this race, but, after seeing this today, it's clear how far the Harris County GOP has fallen with this total nutter (opinion!) being endorsed by Mattress Mack.  (There are other primary opponents to both this woman on the GOP side and Hidalgo on the Democratic side, but I must assume this is the "establishment" choice considering Mack is fully behind.)

'Mattress Mack' endorses Lina Hidalgo's GOP opponent for Harris County judge (houstonchronicle.com) 

Needless to say, she's full of positivity and exudes rationality, even-temperedness, and the most genuine of good intentions.  It definitely sounds as if she has a good handle on reality.  From her website, this totally "with it" Heights resident/energy finance executive/criminal justice expert (cuz . . . of course those go together) states:

One of the primary motivations behind my decision to run for Harris County Judge was the state of utter lawlessness that continues to grip our entire county. Whether strolling along the bayou, picking up groceries or even attending an Astros game, residents are now rolling the dice on whether they will encounter a violent, repeat offender. While it is clear that our residents are not safe, we have now reached such a state of crisis that our law enforcement are being routinely murdered by violent, repeat offenders. 

(I must say when I first saw her photo, I was reminded of Clarence Thomas's wife Ginni, as they give off an equally, er, mannish vibe.  Maybe someone can introduce the two so they can have a productive outlet for all this anger.  I guess that's better than Mattress Mack looking like a 90-year-old Casper the Ghost.)

Ed Emmett is one of two Republicans I have voted for in my life as he was a sensible and non-ideological administrator.  (His "sour grapes" comments since then have changed my opinion.)  However, I have been mostly pleasantly surprised by Lina Hidalgo.  Recently though, she has "lost the plot" politically, thereby giving the GOP has a real chance to recapture the seat due to the idiotic, "lose-lose" political posturing around the NHHIP and, as of last week, even giving lip service to canceling the Rodeo if COVID cases don't fall.  The GOP and local business community could focus its efforts on getting someone like Ed to run, but I guess that ship has sailed.

OH WELL . . . 

Edited by mattyt36

Apparently Mack doesn't understand that the County Judge has little to do with crime, other than managing the budgets. The County Judge doesn't try cases, set bail, arrest people, or any other law enforcement function. Mack needs to stay the hell out of politics.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Whoever wins the GOP Runoff between Moral Mealer & Martinez is going to defeat Hidalgo in November due to the GOP Wave.

I also think there's a 50-50% chance that Harris County Precinct 2 Commissioner Adrian Garcia (D) loses reelection this fall as well.

8 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

Whoever wins the GOP Runoff between Moral Mealer & Martinez is going to defeat Hidalgo in November due to the GOP Wave.

I also think there's a 50-50% chance that Harris County Precinct 2 Commissioner Adrian Garcia (D) loses reelection this fall as well.

I doubt that will happen. I also hope it doesn't happen. Republicans tend to be awful administrators, especially considering how they tout their business experience. They also tend to ignore the poorer parts of the County, something Hidalgo has tried to reverse.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

God help Harris County if “Man Hands” Mealer is elected. (Great name, at least, to remind everyone how obviously hungry she is BTW …) The absolute best we could hope for is she eventually realizes her fever dreams are not real, but that’ll take at least a couple years and I personally don’t want to be around while she’s learning. And I don’t think there’s more than maybe a 1% chance of that, as all of her advertising materials exude the personality of an absolute mental case. I mean go to her website and look at the photos … she’s got a photo of her lazing around spreadeagled with a gun in a military uniform sitting next to someone who didn’t even give her permission to show his face and then of the two photos she chooses to post with her kids (1) is in a friggin golf cart (total normie, Harris County! She must’ve gotten that from a book on How to Run for School Board in Montgomery County) and (2) is at a church, looks to be post-exorcism, with both of them telegraphing, “Get me the hell away from these two losers cuz they are totally loco.”

It’s like Mattress Mack went out and said “Find me a Hispanic woman as that’s the only person who can beat Lina,” and look at the absolute cover model they got for that. She exudes 1980s closeted/murderess/FTM-every-other-Wednesday housewife from Orange County, yet … Hispanic!  (It's a close race between that and the second-grade runner-up in the Little-Miss-Pentecostal-Church-with-Aluminum Siding-Bad AC-and-a-Septic-Tank Beauty Queen contest . . . and the only reason she ranked that high was because everyone else had already been bitten by a snake.)

https://alexandramealer.com

All I can say is this woman has a long way to go in finding herself. I guess, also, thank God I’m not one of her children. 

Stick to mattresses, Mack. 

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 10:56 AM, Blue Dogs said:

I hope you have access to resources if this doesn’t happen. (You know, for the good of the community.)

2 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

God help Harris County if “Man Hands” Mealer is elected. The absolute best we could hope for is she realizes her fever dreams are not real, but that’ll take at least a couple years and I personally don’t want to be around while she’s learning. And I don’t think there’s more than maybe a 1% chance of that, as all of her advertising materials exude the personality of an absolute mental case. I mean go to her website and look at the photos … she’s got a photo of her lazing around spreadeagled with a gun in a military uniform sitting next to someone who didn’t even give her permission to show his face and then of the two photos she chooses to post with her kids (1) is in a friggin golf cart (total normie, Harris County! She’s must’ve gotten that from a book on How to Run for School Board in Montgomery County) and (2) is at a church, looks to be post-exorcism, with both of them telegraphing, “Get me the hell away from these two losers cuz they are crazy.”

It’s like Mattress Mack went out and said “Find me a Hispanic woman as that’s the only person who can beat Lina,” and look at the absolute cover model they got for that. She exudes 1980s closeted/murderous/FTM-every-other-Wednesday housewife from Orange County, yet … Hispanic! 

https://alexandramealer.com

All I can say is this woman has a long way to go in finding herself. I guess, also, thank God I’m not one of her children. 

Stick to mattresses, Mack. 

Cover model...girls with guns...lazing around spreadeagled, plus an obsession with her hands...sounds like Alexandra's got a secret admirer...

16 minutes ago, august948 said:

Cover model...girls with guns...lazing around spreadeagled, plus an obsession with her hands...sounds like Alexandra's got a secret admirer...

Hey, she plays the part so well, so gotta tip the hat to her for authenticity

33 minutes ago, mattyt36 said:

Hey, she plays the part so well, so gotta tip the hat to her for authenticity

Plus she can run an M4.  +2 for that.  -1 for living in the Heights.  Not to feed the monster, but here's another one I think you'll like..

merlin_138292392_805715e2-3721-4e83-bb5f

19 minutes ago, august948 said:

Plus she can run an M4.  +2 for that.  -1 for living in the Heights.  Not to feed the monster, but here's another one I think you'll like..

merlin_138292392_805715e2-3721-4e83-bb5f

Well she does have the stupid confidence thing going on for her, I guess. And it must have been difficult learning to spell her husband’s name, so #Accomplished. #StretchGoals

(Thanks to you, Augie, I noticed that we have the same birthday, which will give me nightmares for at least a couple of weeks)

Edited by mattyt36

1 hour ago, mattyt36 said:

Well she does have the stupid confidence thing going on for her, I guess. And it must have been difficult learning to spell her husband’s name, so #Accomplished. #StretchGoals

(Thanks to you, Augie, I noticed that we have the same birthday, which will give me nightmares for at least a couple of weeks)

Never underestimate the power of self-confidence...

quotes-scaled.jpg?fit=680,680

Knowing how to handle a Glock doesn't hurt either.

I hope this doesn't disappoint you too much, but if you are referring to my username in relation to your birthday...it is a date reference, but it's not the day I was born.

31 minutes ago, august948 said:

Never underestimate the power of self-confidence...

quotes-scaled.jpg?fit=680,680

Knowing how to handle a Glock doesn't hurt either.

I hope this doesn't disappoint you too much, but if you are referring to my username in relation to your birthday...it is a date reference, but it's not the day I was born.

No Augie, it ain’t all about you brother! I was referring to Lauren Bo-Bo to have the audacity to be born on my birthday 🤪

But I take comfort that you would canvas the neighborhood for Michelle for President with me. 

I very much enjoy the banter, thanks buddy. Only in Houston …

Edited by mattyt36

8 minutes ago, mattyt36 said:

No Augie, it ain’t all about you brother! I was referring to Lauren Bo-Bo to have the audacity to be born on my birthday 🤪

But I take comfort that you would canvas the neighborhood for Michelle for President with me. 

I very much enjoy the banter, thanks buddy. Only in Houston …

Good deal...I hate it when it's all about me.  Canvasing the hood for Michelle would be a blast.  I'm always up for a good prank or two.

• Thanks 1