72 In. Water Line From Crawford To Mt. Vernon St.

hindesky

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder why the measurements for storm sewers, sanitary sewers, water lines, and sidewalks are given in linear feet, but new pavement is listed as a fraction of a mile. 
Why not  just round it to 4600 feet and be done with it?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Attended the online Teams presentation. They decided to do the 2 green colored areas first due to the Annunciation Orthodox school is out for the summer and some mysterious parades on Fannin St. Most of it will be open cut but under major streets like Spur 27, Smith St., Montrose, Yoakum, Louisiana, Elgin, Travis and Main St. it will be tunnel.

hLp9alx.jpg

Ek1JgpY.png

m3tge8F.png

JYx588K.png

ryKvGd6.png

Edited by hindesky

• The title was changed to 72 In. Water Line From Crawford To Mt. Vernon St.
On 6/23/2022 at 9:25 PM, hindesky said:

some mysterious parades on Fannin St.

Now you've piqued my curiosity I don't know if I've ever seen (or even heard of) a mysterious parade.
Who or what could it be?

6 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

Now you've piqued my curiosity I don't know if I've ever seen (or even heard of) a mysterious parade.
Who or what could it be?

The rep for the contractor said they were starting here first due to parades that took place on Fannin. Not sure I've ever heard of a parade on this portion of Midtown.

• Like 1

"Construction is set to begin this summer on a 72-inch water line project between Mount Vernon Street in Montrose to Crawford Street in Midtown. The project is intended to increase the capacity of the city’s drinking water."

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/transportation/2022/06/23/construction-to-begin-this-summer-on-water-line-project-spanning-parts-of-midtown-montrose/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went by to talk with a crew member since work has started close to where I live. He is the inspector overseeing the project. He said they started here at Kipling St., Audubon St. and Holman St. since the Greek Annunciation School has already started up. They had planned to start by the school but changed plans due to a late start of the project. They have had a tree trimming company trim some of the trees that the heavy equipment could hit. There are construction barrels all along the street and construction netting around some of the trees. He admitted it is going to be a big mess for those who live along those streets since it will be open cut trenching.

1CJ3sUC.jpg

BkuiQio.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 12:28 PM, hindesky said:

They have had a tree trimming company trim some of the trees that the heavy equipment could hit.

Those are some beautiful trees, and I hope they hire someone whose approach is more a tree surgeon and less like a butcher.
CenterPoint (and previously HL&P) is notorious for using unskilled workers who take town limbs helter-skelter.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...