Bob Slovak OUT at Ch. 13 after 22 years; explains job was a casualty of COVID-19

Blue Dogs

Mike McGuff of mikemcguff.com is reporting that after 22 years with the ABC O&O Station, sports anchor Bob Slovak (whom I strongly felt was wrongly passed over for the Sports Director job a few years back) is leaving Ch. 13 KTRK-TV Houston's sports department after more than two decades.  Slovak joined Ch. 13 in 1998 as the sports reporter alongside longtime Houston sports anchors Tim Melton & the late Bob Allen. In 2013, when Melton suffered a stroke & had to retire from the TV biz, Slovak moved from sports reporter to weekend sports anchor.

Before coming to Ch. 13, Slovak worked at KNXV-TV Phoenix, AZ, KOTV-TV Tulsa, OK, KFDM-TV Beaumont, TX  & KTEN-TV Ada, OK. Native of Dallas, Slovak graduated from Stephen F. Austin University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications. Slovak's final day with Ch. 13 is going to be in a few weeks, so stay tuned for when that occurs.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 8:43 AM, Specwriter said:

Mr. Slovak's farewell shows a lot of class. I will miss his reporting and I wish him all the best.

He should've gotten the Sports Director job in my opinion. He'll be missed & it seems to me that Wendy is cleaning house over there at the ABC O&O Station.