Mother moving to Houston - Senior living recommendations

My mother is making the move to Houston from Michigan after losing her home to the recent dam breaks up there.  I have lived here 20 years, but have very little knowledge about senior living properties.  

She is still able to live independently, so she doesn't need an assisted living property - more of a senior living apartment/condo.

I have just started looking - the new Campanile on Commerce catches my attention since it is very close to my house (but several months away from completion), does anyone have any suggestions as to places to check out - preferably inside the Beltway.  I'm open to any price point, age, etc....  I do have a realtor, but these types of properties aren't his specialty.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Brookdale. https://www.brookdale.com/en/locations/texas/houston.html They have locations all over town. My mother-in-law (who is still VERY independent) has been living at the West University location for the last six years and has been very pleased. Note also that Brookdale has varying levels of care depending on the resident's requirements.

1 hour ago, Specwriter said:

Check out Brookdale. https://www.brookdale.com/en/locations/texas/houston.html They have locations all over town. My mother-in-law (who is still VERY independent) has been living at the West University location for the last six years and has been very pleased. Note also that Brookdale has varying levels of care depending on the resident's requirements.

I second the Brookdale recommendation. My mom lived in their Sugarland independent living community until her passing a few years ago and was very happy. I was impressed with the way it was run and the services they provided.

Archived