D'Alba Restaurant At 3715 Alba Rd.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created May 28, 2016. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum due to a mod removing my account and its content in "error"  (supposedly). The information may be outdated or no longer relevant, but reupping provides an archive to what was posted. It also provides a place to post future updates about this property if and when it's redeveloped  An archive link  of the thread before its deletion is coming.

Note to mods:  This is NOT in or part of the Greater Heights area. Please DO NOT wait for me to reup the entire thread and then quietly move it that forum even when I specifically ask that you leave it be. That's what some mods continue to do and I don't appreciate it, especially when other people's threads in this forum are never touched. Y'all have moved all of the threads from me on the Washington Corridor area, GOOF area, and others to forums they DO NOT belong AFTER I've taken time out to reup some of the recovered threads that were deleted by a certain mod.

3715  Alba Road in Garden Oaks in Houston. 

PH9zvJG.jpg

5KDEH4b.jpg

Dz1Ykut.jpg

Street View July 2011

LUGSl1l.jpg

This was originally posted May 28, 2016 in the previous thread for 3715 Alba. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Liberty Kitchen is expanding to Oak Forest. The new location is 3715 Alba.

The backstory from The Leader in January 2015:

It’s true. Miguel Facundo confirmed the word that’s been circulating on the Oak Forest Homeowners Association Facebook page and elsewhere in the last 48 hours – the Liberty Kitchen group signed a five year lease last week (with an option to go longer) on his Garden Oaks property on Alba across from the American Legion. Previously Facundo was going to operate his own restaurant there, but said he wanted to focus on his home construction business after Facundo Café closed at Dr Gleem Car Wash.

Facundo said he got interest from more than a few restaurateurs regarding the space but that he was looking for a really good restaurant and thinks that the F.E.E.D. TX restaurant group will help the neighborhood “continue to go in the right direction.” He said that the coastal craftsman look he was going for with the design is right in line with Liberty’s vibe. No word yet from F.E.E.D. about their specific plans for the spot.

It took two years of the permitting process for Facundo to complete the building. He said that he is building out the interior for F.E.E.D. and doing some landscaping too, but that he hopes to have his part of the project done by April. F.E.E.D. will handle the kitchen build out.

From Houston Chronicle May 2015:

Liberty Kitchen Garden Oaks, 3715 Alba: The company hopes to take possession of the building in the summer and open a restaurant similar in size to the Heights Liberty Kitchen (100-120 seats).

This was originally posted May 28, 2016 in the previous thread for 3715 Alba. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Construction is completed at 3715 Alba, the new space for Liberty Kitchen's Liberty Kitchen Garden Oaks. The restaurant is opening in June according to this Facebook post.

fT2w57j.jpg

From Loopnet:

yqISRwk.jpg

vJDeV9M.jpg

Interior shots of Liberty Kitchen Garden Oaks at 3715 Alba Rd:

tMb9xt8.jpg
(Facebook)

CPy76ya.jpg
(Liberty Kitchen Garden Oaks Facebook)

jAXyOKx.jpg

a9J9D2z.jpg

M5AKxc2.jpg

IMwUTJf.jpg
(Facebook)

This was originally posted June 3, 2016 in the previous thread for 3715 Alba. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Liberty Kitchen is opening its Garden Oaks location in June.

From Houston Chronicle:

The F.E.E.D TX restaurant group is getting ready to open another Liberty Kitchen and the lucky neighborhood will be Garden Oaks.

Liberty Kitchen Garden Oaks, the fourth store in the Liberty brand in Houston, is announcing a mid-June opening at 3715 Alba in the former Gerland's Grocery. And another Liberty is also in the works at 936 Bunker Hill in the Treehouse building owned by MetroNational; it is scheduled to open in early September.

The Garden Oaks store, which seats 140 inside and 32 on the patio, will feature a full bar with 17 seats, a large "exhibition-style" oyster bar with seven seats and a private dining room that accommodates up to 26 guests. The look of the restaurant is clean, crisp and casual with pops of Kelly green similar to Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette in River Oaks.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Liberty-Kitchen-Garden-Oaks-sets-mid-June-opening-7961807.php

This was originally posted June 3, 2016 in the previous thread for 3715 Alba. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by Angostura, November 20, 2017 in the thread for 3715 Alba.

Done-zo.    

Seeing as how 85% of Houstonians couldn't point to Garden Oaks on a map, I'm skeptical of the idea that GO/OF will be the next hot dining destination.

From Swamplot:

5 months after a grand reopening to celebrate the end of road construction along Alba Rd. that had been hindering access to the restaurant, Liberty Kitchen Garden Oaks has shut down. Last night was its last meal. The restaurant had opened at 3715 Alba Rd. in June 2016, taking over a renovation of the property (and demolition of an adjacent Quonset hut to make room for parking) originally intended to house a Facundo Restaurante. “We debuted a new menu, a new beer garden and a new parking lot in an effort to revitalize patronage” after the road construction ended earlier this year, write the owners of Liberty Kitchen. But that wasn’t enough, and Hurricane Harvey “served as an additional financial hurdle company-wide.”

http://swamplot.com/liberty-kitchen-now-free-from-garden-oaks/2017-11-20/

u0x07rA.jpg

Originally posted by Ross, November 21, 2017 in the thread for 3715 Alba.

And it's even harder to get to that portion of Alba if you have no idea where you are going.

Originally posted by s3mh, November 21, 2017 in the thread for 3715 Alba.

Petrol Station is in the middle of nowhere in GOOF and they have been packing them in for years.

There were so few good dining options in the GOOF that people would jump all over anything that opened north of 610.  Cottonwood, Crowbar, Petrol Station, Shep Park Draught House, slow Pokes and Plonk all have done very well in GOOF.  But the Liberty Kitchen tried to be a bit too pricey to get families with a pile of kids to have dinner on a week night and too close to the Heights location to pull in anyone south of 610.  I am not a big LK fan, but it was a really nice build out and could still work in the right hands. 

Originally posted by Purpledevil, November 22, 2017 in the thread for 3715 Alba.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:25 AM, s3mh said:

Petrol Station is in the middle of nowhere in GOOF and they have been packing them in for years.

There were so few good dining options in the GOOF that people would jump all over anything that opened north of 610.  Cottonwood, Crowbar, Petrol Station, Shep Park Draught House, slow Pokes and Plonk all have done very well in GOOF.  But the Liberty Kitchen tried to be a bit too pricey to get families with a pile of kids to have dinner on a week night and too close to the Heights location to pull in anyone south of 610.  I am not a big LK fan, but it was a really nice build out and could still work in the right hands. 

Leo Doyle's vision of a restaurant has made many a dollar in Oak Forest over the last 60 years. It can be done, and the place doesn't have to be "hip" to be successful in the dual Oaks. The old blue haired clientele sure know it's there.    http://doylesofhouston.com/

GOOF...I like that. I've known a good number of goofs from Garden Oaks/Oak Forest over the years.

The Garden Oaks property of 3715 Alba Rd has been on the market either for lease or for sale since Liberty Kitchen's closing.

The most recent listing, last updated in October (at least on Loopnet), lists the property for sale.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3715-Alba-Rd-Houston-TX/13519528/ (archive link)

Brochure: 
https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/nrjZcuEoSkCamx3p4EZ2JxynHu4IRy-uqDhmFk1VLVI/document.pdf  (archive link)

From the listing:

• 3,110 SF Retail Building
  • Year Built:  2015
  • 20 surface parking spaces for a ratio of 6.43 per 1,000 sf. Additional parking can be made available.
  • The property is located on the recently expanded Alba Rd between W 34th and W 43rd

lx5kLzx.jpg

• The title was changed to 3715 Alba Rd
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More details on what's in store for the former Liberty Kitchen Garden Oaks restaurant in Houston at 3715 Alba Rd. The group behind Savoir and La Grande Rue in the Heights will open a casual, family-friendly restaurant. A bakery will also be incorporated, according to a comment in a Facebook group.

Source:

https://twitter.com/chicchickeats/status/1218017626103873541

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Dw1977 said:

Liquor permit posted for “Alba Concept LLC”. Can’t find anything about it beyond that. 

edit: concept not concepts 

Company appears to be associated with Daut Elshani. 

• The title was changed to 3715 Alba Rd.
  • The title was changed to D'Alba Restaurant At 3715 Alba Rd.

Archived