Brown Relieved Of Hurrivcane Relief Duties

nmainguy

Just watched the press conference anouncing Brown's glorious return to DC to take over FEMA unfettered by irritating details associated with Katrina! Now he'll have time to apply his laser-like focus on issues large and small! His first task will be up-dating his current resume. Good job, Brownie!!! :D

B)

If any of you are fans of the NBC series "The Office", you'll appreciate the subtleties of the difference between "Assistant City Manager" (Brown's resume regarding his job in Edmond) and "Assistant to the City Manager" (Brown's real job in Edmond).

Priceless!

I haven't taken the time to look at his resume, but if that is true that is hilarious. Big fan of the Office and never get tired of the Assistant regional manager vs. Assistant TO the regional manager jokes.

As dwight says, its close, very close. As Michael says, no its not, its much lower.

Newsday Story on Brown's troubles

Brown's official biography on the FEMA Web site says that his background in state and local government also includes serving as "an assistant city manager with emergency services oversight" and as a city councilman.

But a former mayor of Edmond, Randel Shadid, told The Associated Press on Friday that Brown had been an assistant to the city manager. Shadid said Brown was never assistant city manager.

After Days of Criticism, Emergency Director Resigns (link to New York Times article).

Ah, Brownie, we barely knew ye...

"The press was too focused on what did we do, what didn't we do, the whole blame game," he said. "I wanted to take that factor out of the equation, so that the people at FEMA, who are some of the most hard-working, dedicated civil servants I have ever met, could just go do their job."

"Blame game". Isn't that what used to be known as "determining responsibility"?

Archived