Julian Hurwitz Home At 3007 South Braeswood Blvd.

Lizmc1779

My very cursory search of Lenard Gabert indicates he died in 1976 and was listed in the 1962 American Institute of Architects (AIA) directory as having an office (or perhaps a home) at 1315 Bell in Houston.

Lizmc, I cannot recommend a specific roofer but I do recommend contacting David Bucek at Stern and Bucek Architects (713-527-0186) especially if you decide to go the full restoration route. His firm has done many notable renovations and restorations of mid-century modern houses in the area including the Philip Johnson designed house for John and Dominique de Menil.

I'm sure the restoration process can be phased to fit schedule and budget. Mr. Bucek can certainly give you useful advice in that regard. Good luck.

My very cursory search of Lenard Gabert indicates he died in 1976 and was listed in the 1962 American Institute of Architects (AIA) directory as having an office (or perhaps a home) at 1315 Bell in Houston.

Lizmc, I cannot recommend a specific roofer but I do recommend contacting David Bucek at Stern and Bucek Architects (713-527-0186) especially if you decide to go the full restoration route. His firm has done many notable renovations and restorations of mid-century modern houses in the area including the Philip Johnson designed house for John and Dominique de Menil.

I'm sure the restoration process can be phased to fit schedule and budget. Mr. Bucek can certainly give you useful advice in that regard. Good luck.

Thx! We got in touch with him a while back and are finally ready to get the ball rolling!

• The title was changed to Julian Hurwitz Home At 3007 South Braeswood Blvd.

Archived