Houston is number 1 coolest as per Forbes

Saw this last night and it made me laugh at everyone who loves to slam on Houston. I suppose it shows that the complainers just aren't cool. The methodology is suspect, as all of these lists are, but Houston actually IS cool, just for different reasons.

Saw this last night and it made me laugh at everyone who loves to slam on Houston. I suppose it shows that the complainers just aren't cool. The methodology is suspect, as all of these lists are, but Houston actually IS cool, just for different reasons.

Being a 'real' hipster myself, what really makes Houston cool is the fact that it has never been cool. Now stop saying it's cool or I shall have to go find somewhere else uncool to live.

I had to stop eating Nutella after 30 years specifically for this reason, because everyone can get it at Randalls now, and I don't get disgusted looks from people when I pull out my jar of nutella and start slathering chocolate paste on my bread.

Thankfully Hagelslag is still on the menu, cause a lot of people still think chocolate sprinkles are for ice cream, and haven't realized the regenerative powers of it when placed on white bread.

Being a 'real' hipster myself, what really makes Houston cool is the fact that it has never been cool. Now stop saying it's cool or I shall have to go find somewhere else uncool to live.

I had to stop eating Nutella after 30 years specifically for this reason, because everyone can get it at Randalls now, and I don't get disgusted looks from people when I pull out my jar of nutella and start slathering chocolate paste on my bread.

Thankfully Hagelslag is still on the menu, cause a lot of people still think chocolate sprinkles are for ice cream, and haven't realized the regenerative powers of it when placed on white bread.

Maybe it's time to switch to vegemite. That is unlikely going to catch on and it is not readily available.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit I was a little shocked when I read the Forbes article...and I immediately thought "oh I cant wait to read all the trash talking that will be comming out of all the Htown haters". Sure enough, I went to the Austin Stateman website, and there it was, a huge article written to dump all over Houston, and to re-proclaim that superior "cooleness" and "weirdness" that Austin supposedly has. Actually, in the comments to the article, there were surprisingly a lot of supporters defending Htown believe it or not. So it wasnt all bad. And it was fun to read comments on how everyone is tired of all the "weird" references comming out of that town. "But Austin is WEIRD...please please please think that we are Weird" LOL.

Archived