Ima Hogg Mansion/Bayou Bend/Museum At 2940 Lazy Ln.

KinkaidAlum

Does anyone know what is going on on the Southwest side of this intersection? The site has been cleared minus the trees being saved by Davey Trees. This is the main entrance for Bayou Bend so I am wondering if it has something to do with the museum?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

It's still there. The public entrance is off of Memorial at Westcott, with a bridge across the bayou to get to the house an property. It's called Bayou Bend, and is actually on Lazy Lane. The peroperty is somehting like 13 acres, and was the largest residentail lot in Houston. The place is now own ed by the Museum of Fine arts. Here's a link http://www.mfah.org/visit/bayou-bend-collection-and-gardens/

• Like 1

Tnx. I'm so glad the report I got about the place was false . In 1978 me and my family took the tour of the place and we didn't want to leave, an amazing piece of Houston history one can visit still in Houston.

Edited by blue92
  • Like 1

Is it still there? Someone told me they thought it burned down and there now is some Condos there. Sorry misspelled museum in the title.

I hate that we can't correct a misspelling in the title once we've posted. I did that last year and have been embarressed ever since.

Our editor and father web administrator needs to fix that.

• Like 1

I hate that we can't correct a misspelling in the title once we've posted. I did that last year and have been embarressed ever since.

Our editor and father web administrator needs to fix that.

Most forums even ones that you can edit you can't edit the titles, I run a car forum myself and in our forum you can't edit the titles once it's posted up.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Houston photo: Pedestrian Suspension Bridge Over Buffalo Bayou At Bayou Bend
  • 1 year later...

Christmas Village at Bayou Bend.
https://www.mfah.org/admissions/christmas-village-bayou-bend

Discover an immersive holiday experience during Christmas Village at Bayou Bend, presented by Texas Children’s. A dazzling bridge brings you into a winter wonderland featuring thousands of lights throughout the 14-acre estate of Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens.
December 8–30, 2023 (closed December 11, 18, 24 & 25)
Open 5:30–9 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays (except Tuesday, December 26)
Open 5:30–10 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays & Tuesday, December 26

Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, 6003 Memorial Drive.

Highlights.
Tour the first floor of Ima Hogg’s historic house to see live actors, theatrical effects, and beautiful Christmas decorations.
Watch a handcrafted model train circle the beautifully decorated 15-foot Christmas tree.
Go sledding down a faux-snow slide.
Toss around cotton snowballs with your friends.
Join in games for all ages, from a scavenger hunt to antler rings and beyond.
Marvel at a 3D video animation presented by LD Systems.
Listen to music from carolers, and play your own holiday tunes at music-bell stations.
Stop by the Cottage Shop to find unique holiday gifts.
Take photos with Santa ($10), who visits through December 23.

Tq2hgEx.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Christmas Village at Bayou Bend was a little underwhelming. Bayou Bend is primarily a garden, which was hidden under the dark skies.  The holiday lights were not that extravagant either.  Other homes in River Oaks had better lights.

I did enjoy the actual historic house though.  Very cool history here!

The bridge over Buffalo Bayou was awesome too.

OxGMfqW.jpg

FFxxSWC.jpg

KxBck9C.jpg

nCi6nTU.jpg

PN0S57a.jpg

Can we talk about these windows!?! They must be original so they have a protective barrier over them?

AFYYl38.jpg

Y4VK3Y6.jpg

RZZ1jFT.jpg

YQwUQ12.jpg

Compared to Houston Zoo Lights, 2022. The Houston Zoo had more extravagant lighting and illumination involved.  Maybe just a bigger budget? This was Houston Methodist and the Houston Zoo.  Christmas at Bayou Bend was Texas Children's Hospital and Fertitta Entertainment.

CmHcYTV.jpg

aJghcDo.jpg

mYjiSXj.jpg

wymd4Wr.jpg

wSmQUac.jpg

T6MRvLV.jpg

ibbIO3C.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Ima Hogg Mansion/Bayou Bend/Museum At 2940 Lazy Ln.