Fry And Grand Parkway

Stein Mart opening Oct 25th, World Market - Nov 15th. No word yet on Whole Foods - originally scheduled for early 2013. Sprouts is also scheduled to open early 2013, but they are already hiring - they may open up before Whole Foods

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we are getting a Whole Foods and a Sprouts in addition to the Stein Mart and World Market? Yea for more shopping options.

But, that intersection is going to be a nightmare. It's already a mess on afternoons and weekends. I better start planning my alternate driving plans.

Sprouts is going in at Cinco Ranch Blvd and Peek, not in the same center as Whole Foods (which I heard is scheduled to open on Jan 15).

Yes - apologies for not clarifying that. Last time I passed by all they had done was demolish the old Cinco info center. How are they coming along on construction?

Yes - apologies for not clarifying that. Last time I passed by all they had done was demolish the old Cinco info center. How are they coming along on construction?

I haven't been by in a while, but last time I was over there they had cleared the site and graded it. They had a lot of equipment on site and looked to be moving pretty aggressively. I'll take another drive by and check.

Kind of amazing - between Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Kroger Marketplace, we've got three markets going in within 5 miles of us. I was apparently horribly underserved by markets and didn't even realize it. :huh:

Kind of amazing - between Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Kroger Marketplace, we've got three markets going in within 5 miles of us. I was apparently horribly underserved by markets and didn't even realize it. :huh:

I read in a Texas business magazine that a new Randall's is also moving into the area - I am thinking it might be along 1463.

I don't know how you have survived this long. :P

• 3 weeks later...

World Market did soft open on Sunday and they were busy. Four registers open with a line during the late afternoon. They have some good specialty food items that I haven't seen in other places.

Maybe not as soft an opening as they expected :-).

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Grand Lakes Homeowners meeting last week

A light will be going in at Da Vinci's restaurant (Center Village Dr and Fry Rd)

The driveways out of the Wells Fargo will be reworked (too many drives along that stretch). You will have to go into the main Whole Foods to gain entrance to the bank.

A turn lane to go North on 99 is in the works from Fry Rd which will really help...

A light will be going in at Da Vinci's restaurant (Center Village Dr and Fry Rd)

The driveways out of the Wells Fargo will be reworked (too many drives along that stretch). You will have to go into the main Whole Foods to gain entrance to the bank.

A turn lane to go North on 99 is in the works from Fry Rd which will really help...

Having a light at Fry and Center Village is a good thing, but I'm curious if eastbound Fry traffic will cut through the Stein Mart parking lot to go south on Center Village (if the light is red).

Great news about the turn lane from Fry onto 99 North! Now if we can just get a driveway into the Home Depot parking lot from from the 99 South exit ramp!

Having a light at Fry and Center Village is a good thing, but I'm curious if eastbound Fry traffic will cut through the Stein Mart parking lot to go south on Center Village (if the light is red).

Great news about the turn lane from Fry onto 99 North! Now if we can just get a driveway into the Home Depot parking lot from from the 99 South exit ramp!

It was Commissioner Andy Meyers that spoke at the meeting. It was brought up about creating access to HEB and Home Depot on each of their sides. He said that Tx DOT shot it down when they asked to create access off of the ramps to the shopping centers. There is a double ramp over on the Whole Foods side that comes off of the Westpark to Fry rd. It will be interesting to see what they close off and open up over in the new complex.

The neighborhood has already had issues with the lighting and noise (compactors and truck deliveries) from the people that live behind the new center. They met with the center manager and got the lighting shaded (deflectors added to minimize the lights shining onto the edge houses). Management also agreed to limit the times that the compactors can run and deliveries are made.

Commissioner Meyers also said that 1093 will be widened by the Academy also

The light in front of Da Vinci's will cost 175k to put in. There might be a double light there like over by the Baskin Robbins / Firestone location by the HEB. There will be a light at Center Village and then the main entrance to Whole Foods? I can't imagine that they will have just one light....

It was Commissioner Andy Meyers that spoke at the meeting. It was brought up about creating access to HEB and Home Depot on each of their sides. He said that Tx DOT shot it down when they asked to create access off of the ramps to the shopping centers. There is a double ramp over on the Whole Foods side that comes off of the Westpark to Fry rd. It will be interesting to see what they close off and open up over in the new complex.

The neighborhood has already had issues with the lighting and noise (compactors and truck deliveries) from the people that live behind the new center. They met with the center manager and got the lighting shaded (deflectors added to minimize the lights shining onto the edge houses). Management also agreed to limit the times that the compactors can run and deliveries are made.

Commissioner Meyers also said that 1093 will be widened by the Academy also

The light in front of Da Vinci's will cost 175k to put in. There might be a double light there like over by the Baskin Robbins / Firestone location by the HEB. There will be a light at Center Village and then the main entrance to Whole Foods? I can't imagine that they will have just one light....

Thanks for all the great info... makes me wish I had attended the meeting

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Drove through the intersection of Fry and Center Village today and they were starting to put up the traffic lights.

post-11790-0-90226600-1361688775_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Am I the only one who finds the addition of this light an incredible nightmare?

I live in the north section of Grand Lakes and navigate the Center Village/Fry intersection regularly.  The light severely impedes the flow of traffic, causing long delays and back ups that reach into the parking lot of Whole Foods and all the way to 99 during rush hour.  It now takes close to ten minutes to go from Whole Foods and make a left into Grand Lakes, when you could have easily and safely done so without a traffic light before.

It seems the city wasted $200k on installing an unnecessary traffic light and made matters worse for local residents.  How can we at least help them work on programming so it works better?  It is causing erratic, impatient, and unsafe driving behavior.

Archived