The World's Most Boring Skyline

This guy doesn't hold back does he?

Show me a city that does NOT have a boxy tradition, c'mon.

Proposals have been put forward for a shiny new tower for the American city of Chicago that continues the boxy tradition of the city.

As one would expect of what many think is the world's most boring skyline, the new design opts for the standard Chicago box with a small parking podium stuck onto its side. Constructed from steel and glass, the facades are as bland as it peak with the only bit of texture being the balcony cut outs which feature on the water-facing side of the tower.Considering the sites prime position no attempt has been made to make any sort of landmark.

http://www.skyscrape...ws.php?ref=2803

2803ChicagoSetForAnotherBox_pic1.jpg

Chicago has an awesome skyline. I personally nominate San Antonio as the largest city with a completely boring skyline.

San Antonio's skyline is interesting in the sense that it is largely a relic of the early 20th century. Lots of sandstone colors, very typical of southwestern cities (including Houston for a time). It isn't very well filled-out, though.

Personally, I think Denver holds the 'most boring' title.

San Antonio's skyline is interesting in the sense that it is largely a relic of the early 20th century. Lots of sandstone colors, very typical of southwestern cities (including Houston for a time). It isn't very well filled-out, though.

Personally, I think Denver holds the 'most boring' title.

From a western vantage point, sure, but put the rockies behind anything and it looks at least kinda cool. New Orleans skyline is boring. Good thing that doesn't matter, because the food and culture are the best in the world.

From a western vantage point, sure, but put the rockies behind anything and it looks at least kinda cool. New Orleans skyline is boring. Good thing that doesn't matter, because the food and culture are the best in the world.

That's fantastic if you're looking west, not so fantastic if you're looking in any other direction.

Archived