History of Oil Mosaic

chef0625

History_of_oil_Mural.zip

Hi Natives!

A good friend has an interesting mosaic that is quite big, depicting oil through the ages. I wanted to see if anyone recognizes it from a downtown building, or knows anything about it's history.

That is a fascinating mosaic! Your friend "has" it? How large is it and in what type of building is it located - a warehouse, office building, residence? I am not familiar with it but I expect someone on the forum is.

Didn't open it - I was a little wary about opening an attached zip file.

A wise precaution. I bit the bullet for the good of the group, and it's a really amazing picture. But I'm not sure why it was packaged in a zip file, since it's already compressed as a JPEG.

Regardless, I'm reposting it here as a scaled down JPEG so everyone can see it.

post-1-0-02930600-1296158772_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Sorry to have been inactive for so long..too busy with work and the loss of my laptop contributed to the problem. So the mural is in a private home in Montrose and it spans the long wall of the stairwell. It's probably 8' long and 3-4' tall. I'm told it weighs a lot! Owner asked me if I could find out any info about it's history and I tought of this forum; which I love to read being a Native Houstonian for 52 years.

Anyone recognize it from the past?

Sorry to have been inactive for so long..too busy with work and the loss of my laptop contributed to the problem. So the mural is in a private home in Montrose and it spans the long wall of the stairwell. It's probably 8' long and 3-4' tall. I'm told it weighs a lot! Owner asked me if I could find out any info about it's history and I tought of this forum; which I love to read being a Native Houstonian for 52 years.

Anyone recognize it from the past?

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to History of Oil Mosaic

Archived