Sign in to follow this  
hannihoney

Small historic chapel in town?

I'm getting married in May and am on the hunt for a small historic chapel in the city of Houston, similar to St. John Church in Sam Houston Heritage park. I heard Addicks United Methodist would fit the bill, but it's a ways out. On the corner of Beltway 8 and Westheimer there's an old looking chapel, but am not sure what it's called or if it's in operation. Can anyone provide recommendations?

Looks like sadly no one responded to your post, but did you end up finding a historic chapel for your wedding? I'm actually in exactly the same situation, only we're a little shorter on time as we're trying to plan around relatives living abroad who have restricted travel capacity. I'd love to share leads!

Antioch Missionary Baptist Church is historical, but also very large, not quite a chapel. FYI: I ended up booking the Houston Arboretum for our wedding--there's no chapel, but the historical element is cool (from 1917 to 1923, the land was the site of Camp Logan, a World War I Army training camp.) The small clearing we reserved seats 60 people--it's very intimate.

Thanks to both for the hints! You're right, I like Antioch Baptist a lot, but don't think we could fill it with our small group of family and friends. Houston Arboretum is a great idea, too. Though possibly a tough book on such short notice. Thanks again!

The Morrow chapel at Trinity Episcolpa in Midtownl is a historic space (1917) but has been renovated including a stainglass window that shows the charming interior courtyard--

post-6399-0-60988900-1296247344_thumb.jp

Edited by trymahjong