The World's 10 Largest Construction Projects

Dubai will do that, I suppose ;P

Interesting how neither North or South America have one. I wonder if they did this list every five years if America would ever have one? I guess maybe the Big Dig would have been on there at some point.

Interesting how neither North or South America have one. I wonder if they did this list every five years if America would ever have one? I guess maybe the Big Dig would have been on there at some point.

I initially thought the Panama Canal widening but it turns out it is dirt cheap compared to these.

If I can recall correctly, the Big Dig was "finished" at a cost of 16 billion, not including all the repairs and lawsuits involved with the leaks, and poor construction. The original cost was projected to be about 2 billion, which was the approximate cost of the I-10 expansion (Not sure if this also includes all the ROW acquisition, etc). There have been countless other "lower double digit billions" projects in the past few years, and those may be on another chart/list somewhere else.

On that note, does anyone know how much Eisenhower's Interstate project cost, both in actual, and inflation adjusted costs? Furthermore, what would the combined costs of the entire Interstate system be ever since its inception? How about compared to other national highway systems?

Wow, just 16 billion? I mean, that is a lot of money. Makes me realize even more just how much these others really do cost, wow.

64 Billion for a THEME park? It must be the most out of thing world and simply humongous.

I'm working on a refinery project in the Middle East right now. It's around $12 billion. I placed the 3d model in Google Earth. If I put the Southeast corner of it at the Houston Pavillions the Northwest corner is at Heights Blvd. and 5th Street. It's the biggest project I've ever seen and they are building a couple of them. My father was in the same business I am and he never saw anything this big in his career either.

I'm working on a refinery project in the Middle East right now. It's around $12 billion. I placed the 3d model in Google Earth. If I put the Southeast corner of it at the Houston Pavillions the Northwest corner is at Heights Blvd. and 5th Street. It's the biggest project I've ever seen and they are building a couple of them. My father was in the same business I am and he never saw anything this big in his career either.

Post some links. People around here love Google models.

Archived