Forest Park Cemetery At 6900 Lawndale St.

I hit these two neighborhoods (one for the living, and one for the dead) on my new bicycle, took photos, talked to a resident (on the "living" side of Brays Bayou), was chased by dogs, and wrote about it on my blog.

http://robertwboyd.blogspot.com/2009/10/houston-streets-16-idylwood.html#links

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww172/RWBoyd_2009/ForestParkHoustonSkyline.jpg

One of the tombstones in Forest Park.

I hit these two neighborhoods (one for the living, and one for the dead) on my new bicycle, took photos, talked to a resident (on the "living" side of Brays Bayou), was chased by dogs, and wrote about it on my blog.

Surely we HAIFers could provide reinforcements for a second visit. I've been meaning to check up on my relatives' graves at Forest Park anyway.

Great pictures.

That whole area around Brays Bayou (the park, cemetary, convent, & surrounding neighborhoods) is really an unusually beautiful piece of Houston. It always amazes me when I spot it on the GoogleEarth aerials. So much green. Surprises me about those dogs in Forest Park, sure they would not have stayed very long, it's usually watched pretty heavily. I always see workers on the grounds when I visit. A pack of dogs...could be bad for the ducks in the pond, as well as people. Good work on the website.

That whole area around Brays Bayou (the park, cemetary, convent, & surrounding neighborhoods) is really an unusually beautiful piece of Houston. It always amazes me when I spot it on the GoogleEarth aerials. So much green. Surprises me about those dogs in Forest Park, sure they would not have stayed very long, it's usually watched pretty heavily. I always see workers on the grounds when I visit. A pack of dogs...could be bad for the ducks in the pond, as well as people. Good work on the website.

Thanks. Yeah, the mean dogs were kind of a shocker. I assume you are right--it's not like this is an abandoned cemetery--it is well maintained and heavily visited! I guess I just had bad luck.

• The title was changed to Exploring Idylwood And Forest Park Cemetery By Bike
  • The title was changed to Forest Park Cemetery At 6900 Lawndale St.

Archived