Where to buy frameless shower doors?

I'm remodeling my bathroom. I'd like to know where I can buy those pretty frameless show doors? My shower opening is about 66". I'm considering 1 or 2 fixed panel(s) and a pivot door. HomeDepot has some shower doors. One of them is a Kohler bypass frameless door. However, it still has metal tracks at the top and bottom. It looks nothing different than a framed door. I'm looking for a REAL frameless door......

Another question: Is the clear glass door easy to be stained by hard water?

I'm remodeling my bathroom. I'd like to know where I can buy those pretty frameless show doors? My shower opening is about 66". I'm considering 1 or 2 fixed panel(s) and a pivot door. HomeDepot has some shower doors. One of them is a Kohler bypass frameless door. However, it still has metal tracks at the top and bottom. It looks nothing different than a framed door. I'm looking for a REAL frameless door......

I'm waiting on one to be installed right now, so I can't give a recommendation. ...but if you keep it off the metal hardware (b/c it will cause corrosion over time), RainX is effective to keep water rolling off the glass.

yep, another easy solution is scrubbing bubbles. for the heaviest scale it may take two applications but it does work well.

a less toxic solution (if you care about that) is method shower cleaner, used after each shower, and a squeegee. Our shower doors have never gotten any build-up or marks on them.

TheNiche - May I know the size of your shower opening? How many panels/door do you order? Would you mind telling me the cost?

i just spoke with my neighbor who had it done about 3 yrs ago. she said it was special order for the door and a glass wall with a towel bar for 900 installed. her's was the thickest glass he sold.

There are a few local glass places that make them... two of them are on murphy road. I wish I could remember the name, but I do remember the price--about $700 for one panel and a door!

If you are near Midtown/Montrose....try the glass shop (dont know the exact name) at the corner of Montrose and West Gray.

• 1 month later...

If you are near Midtown/Montrose....try the glass shop (dont know the exact name) at the corner of Montrose and West Gray.

Try Heights Glass on 19th near Shepherd. If they can't do it, I bet they'd know who could. Very nice folks in there.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few local glass places that make them... two of them are on murphy road. I wish I could remember the name, but I do remember the price--about $700 for one panel and a door!

The glass place at the corner of Montrose and W. Gray is Bobbitt Glass. I do not know much about the firm but they have been there a long, long time. I also suggest Craftsman Glass at 4822 Southerland (off US 290 between Bingle and Pinemont). I have seen some of their work and it is very good. Something in the neighborhood of $500 - 700 is to be expected in terms of cost though. Even if the size of door you need is readily available at Lowe's or Home Depot, for the local fabricators these are "custom" pieces. If it is in your budget though I think you will be happier with the bespoke product.

As for keeping the shower clean and free of water spots I've found that using a squeegee each time after using the shower is the way to go.

Archived