HAIF-HD2 Upgrade

editor

Are you seeing those on the regular forum pages, or in your profile settings?

You must be using something other than Internet Exploder. HAIF is tested against Firefox and Safari and experiences no problems at all. Freakin' Microsoft strikes again.

Profile > Previous Fields.

Also.. notice the green vote up button has gone missing.. or least its shrunk.

Profile > Previous Fields.

Ah. I see what you're talking about now.

Those fields are only active for certain people. The first one is for people who donated to the fund that helped move us from .info to .com. The other one is the SuperHAIFer designation. You can't change them, so just ignore them.

Also.. notice the green vote up button has gone missing.. or least its shrunk.

On the thread pages or the profile page? I'm still seeing it the same on the thread pages.

Ah. I see what you're talking about now.

Those fields are only active for certain people. The first one is for people who donated to the fund that helped move us from .info to .com. The other one is the SuperHAIFer designation. You can't change them, so just ignore them.

On the thread pages or the profile page? I'm still seeing it the same on the thread pages.

thread page... seeing a small vertical +- next to the red button... no green button

Editor, I noticed a bug in some posts. The img tag capability isn't working correctly. I tried to post an image the other day and instead of the image, the words "Posted Image" showed up. As a result, I had to post a direct link in lieu of the tags.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't help but notice is that nearly all the people with GeoGroups (though there are a few exceptions) have two blank colons under that. One blank colon has ".committed to HAIF" but the other still sits.

And is HAIF:maps ever going to be fixed?

I couldn't help but notice is that nearly all the people with GeoGroups (though there are a few exceptions) have two blank colons under that. One blank colon has ".committed to HAIF" but the other still sits.

And is HAIF:maps ever going to be fixed?

The colons are placeholders for something else that may or may not be coming.

HAIF:maps will probably be back, but not for a little bit. I have some other things to work on first. Integrating it into the new system is considerably different/harder than the old system.

Also, I still haven't decided where to show the map, since people were pretty unhappy about losing 22 pixels at the top of the screen. I'm considering putting it after the first post of each page, or possibly making it super tiny and putting it under the breadcrumb bar.

The colons are placeholders for something else that may or may not be coming.

HAIF:maps will probably be back, but not for a little bit. I have some other things to work on first. Integrating it into the new system is considerably different/harder than the old system.

Also, I still haven't decided where to show the map, since people were pretty unhappy about losing 22 pixels at the top of the screen. I'm considering putting it after the first post of each page, or possibly making it super tiny and putting it under the breadcrumb bar.

I enjoyed it. Plus I'm sure it helps out the Newbs as well.

Your suggestion is good, though, but I liked the old way.

I was in another topic which I started and the post had picked up steam when RedScare pointed out a slight typo I intended to put originally. Horrified, I realized that despite I had been able to edit my first post before and after the first reply, I could no longer edit it! What happened?

In fact, I'm almost certain now that as soon as one makes a second reply on a thread, BAM! The previous reply you made is no longer editable. I can currently edit the "I was in another topic which I started and..." but when I press "Post"...

...wait, it's still editable for now! I can still foresee this for being a problem when one wants to use their first post as an index for the thread.

I was in another topic which I started and the post had picked up steam when RedScare pointed out a slight typo I intended to put originally. Horrified, I realized that despite I had been able to edit my first post before and after the first reply, I could no longer edit it! What happened?

Answer: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/index.php?showtopic=21258

Since the complaints dept is still open.... i dont like the iphone haif interface still.

No full functionality. No "view new". No profile/message view/use/edit.

Haif Now is good.. but only solves half those issues.

Actually, I feel the opposite way -- the new iPhone version is MUCH better than the old one. With the old one you could only read messages, and then only in text as a generic user. With the new one you can log in, view most pictures in threads, start new topics, reply to threads, look at profiles, blogs, galleries, and more. It's really a vast improvement.

No, there is no messenger. I'm not sure why that is.

I didn't realize there's no "View new." Since you can log in, it makes sense that View New should be possible. I'll see if I can add it.

Remember, HAIF Mobile is stripped down because not everyone on a mobile device has a wifi connection. Most people are accessing it at EDGE speeds, with the remainder divided equally between 3G and GPRS. If you have a fat connection for your iPhone, then you can switch over to the full version of HAIF and use all the regular features.

If you have a fat connection for your iPhone, then you can switch over to the full version of HAIF and use all the regular features.

That would be ideal.. bypassing any mobile version period. That doesn't seem to be an option though. There no 'view full version' button anywhere that I see.

Note that you can only make changes to a post for two hours after writing it. This is to help preserve the continuity of the thread. If you write something, then someone replies to it, and then you change what they've replied to, it doesn't make sense to other people coming along and reading the thread.

This is informally known as the "tw2ntyse7en rule".

I haven't been on HAIF for the past 36 hours but it only shows new posts from today. The old HAIF would let me look at new ones from the past week if I wanted. I guess there's no way to do this on HAIF HD?

Sounds like a bug. There's a new version of the forum software out, but I've been reluctant to install it. I'll see if it fixes this, or not.

I haven't been on HAIF for the past 36 hours but it only shows new posts from today. The old HAIF would let me look at new ones from the past week if I wanted. I guess there's no way to do this on HAIF HD?

This remains a bug in the current version of the software that I installed yesterday. However, I have been told that it's fixed in the next version.

Archived