The Cloisters

AK123

Here's the latest info we've gotten from them. Probably still a year or more away from development.

"The plan includes 292 single-family lots, a small commercial reserve on FM 1464 and an apartment site facing the Grand Parkway. This will be a high-end subdivision with home prices probably starting in the mid-$300

I assume from the description above that this development will be between Grand Parkway and 1464, and not on the east side of 1464?

Correct. Bordered by FM 1464 on the east, Grand Parkway on the west, and Owens Rd on the north.

I assume from the description above that this development will be between Grand Parkway and 1464, and not on the east side of 1464?

And I probably should have specified earlier -- it's just north of Hwy 90A. Sort of across FM 1464 from Chelsea Harbour, if you know where that is.

Strange siteplan. What is with the road that wraps around the edge that goes nowhere?

THE CLOISTERS is an extremely high end resort in Sea Island Georgia. I really don't understand Texs developers and their infatuation with taking names from high end and famous establishments around the country and slamming them on tract home developments on our Houston praries.

But at least it's not a Harbor or Harbour or Bay or something lame like that. At they could and should use "sugar" in it somewhere.

Never heard that name before except for some place in England I think. I'll see if I can find it...

Will this place have a Sugar Land address or a Richmond address? Looks like it's right on the border.

No one cares about the prison/prison fields. I don't know why the Memorial folks always have to bring it up. Just look at the home prices and demand in Telfair, New Territory and others nearby and it's obviously not hurting them. The prisons are all moving anyway, the one next to Sugar Land Regional Airport is on it's way out as we speak. No one could anticipate the growth of Houston/Sugar Land when the prisons were built there.

Katiedidit, strange you should say that because you're one of those always saying how apartments in the burbs are a necessity for the restaurant/grocery workers to live. When others complain about apartments you usually put in your two cents of why they shouldn't be complaining. So why make the comment here in the first place.

Katiedidit, strange you should say that because you're one of those always saying how apartments in the burbs are a necessity for the restaurant/grocery workers to live. When others complain about apartments you usually put in your two cents of why they shouldn't be complaining. So why make the comment here in the first place.

I Do? I'll have to through all my posts one day. I know I made a comment that people should just learn to live next to them in a thread about Sugarland. My comment about this development was because the Sugarland posts find them so offensive I found it ironic that it would be promoted. 300,000 for a commute and apartments seems a bit steep to me for the Sugarlander, if looking at their reactions in other posts.

There's already a huge apartment complex across 1464 from this development, right next to Chelsea Harbour. I'm just glad these apartments will be on the Grand Parkway side of the development.

Sounds like an STD to me. This is real close to the prison and prison farming fields right? Probably Richmond address (unincorporated area)

I think everything west of 1464, north of 90A, will have a Richmond address.

THE CLOISTERS is an extremely high end resort in Sea Island Georgia. I really don't understand Texs developers and their infatuation with taking names from high end and famous establishments around the country and slamming them on tract home developments on our Houston praries.

But at least it's not a Harbor or Harbour or Bay or something lame like that. At they could and should use "sugar" in it somewhere.

The name most likely has nothing to do with the resort in Georgia any more than the resort in Georgia has anything to do with the Cloisters in NY. Cloistures conjures an image of luxury and classic design for most people, which is why they are probably using the name on something that isn't actually a cloisters.

The Cloisters in NY is one of my favorite pieces of architecture.

ooohhh yaaaayyy!!! my property value is going to go up!!! I hope to sell hy house for double what I bought it for and move to sweetwater!!! people who live noth of 90 near 1464 are a bunch of WANNABE SSSSSS

Congratulations! You are officially a troll, which means your posts no longer merit a response.

• 2 weeks later...

Does KatieDidIt = EasilyAmused in city-data?

Not surprising with all the jabs she makes at Sugar Land over there.

I wonder why people who do not live, and have never lived in Sugar Land even take the time to read the SL section on the forum in the first place. Let alone take stabs at it not knowing what they're talking about.

For the record, all I was trying to do was inform Sugar Landers about the new development. Since there have been people asking. I wasn't promoting anything, and didn't expect the thread to get so hijacked.

I Do? I'll have to through all my posts one day. I know I made a comment that people should just learn to live next to them in a thread about Sugarland. My comment about this development was because the Sugarland posts find them so offensive I found it ironic that it would be promoted. 300,000 for a commute and apartments seems a bit steep to me for the Sugarlander, if looking at their reactions in other posts.

Does KatieDidIt = EasilyAmused in city-data?

Not surprising with all the jabs she makes at Sugar Land over there.

I wonder why people who do not live, and have never lived in Sugar Land even take the time to read the SL section on the forum in the first place. Let alone take stabs at it not knowing what they're talking about.

For the record, all I was trying to do was inform Sugar Landers about the new development. Since there have been people asking. I wasn't promoting anything, and didn't expect the thread to get so hijacked.

city-data? I don't read the "SL Forum" I read new posts. Edit:Do you not read posts outside of Sugarland or Sugar Land?

I Do? I'll have to through all my posts one day. I know I made a comment that people should just learn to live next to them in a thread about Sugarland.

Easy enough to say while you sit in your 4,000 sqare foot Memorial home that's paid off, drive to your other paid off vacation home in your Porche and would be able to afford to use private schools (maybe already do). Those of us who are actually middle class not only have to pay for the poor and the rich in this country these days, but we get critized for wanting to live in peace in an area with good schools (because we can't afford private) and are made to feel "non politically correct" for protesting when the government wants to use our tax dollars against us to come in and change that.

Is Lookingtomove still looking to move???

change your name to LookingToSell..hahahaha

ROFL, no I'm still looking for something. So since you are such the expert on the area, why don't you give me some tips? I'm also considering Pearland and Katy now.

Archived