Strange One

domus48

Nice house, love that style w/ atrium, all brick & steel, seems like it was made very well, and nice landscaping...but I do see (in the map) a railroad track behind the house, is that track still there? about the bayou, well, you know what can happen. Wonder what the history is, of flooding on that street. HAR says it was built in 1972, very reminiscent of several house styles in Glenbrook & Meadowcreek, built in the 1960's. What a funny name for a street, Pirtlewood. :lol:

Nice house, love that style w/ atrium, all brick & steel, seems like it was made very well, and nice landscaping...but I do see (in the map) a railroad track behind the house, is that track still there? about the bayou, well, you know what can happen. Wonder what the history is, of flooding on that street. HAR says it was built in 1972, very reminiscent of several house styles in Glenbrook & Meadowcreek, built in the 1960's. What a funny name for a street, Pirtlewood. :lol:

And ridiculously cheap, $120K

Something fishy about this Scooby.

Not too sure about the area, very close to a "bayou" and decidedly strange: http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...s=1&sTYPE=0

...and very inexpensive.

From HCAD.

Tax Year: 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004

Appraised Value: $129,671 143,330 142,593 139,920 127,200

• 1 month later...
Gulf Bank and Antoine area? That will put a definite damper on your property values. The oil bust of the 80's pretty much killed any chance that part of town had, once Inwood Forest started to nosedive.

I think that hideous (faded) red carpet, bad un-updated kitchen and baths are killing its chances of getting sold. Just sayin'..... Perhaps I lack vision. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Little can be done about an area but a 2340 s.f. home for 120K can certainly be wisely altered to address the items "Norhill Dennis" identifies -- the kitchen is indeed quite narrow. The bottom line however is whether or not an individual would see return on their investment should they commit to such a project. This looks to be a curious home with respect to the plan -- difficult to read from the images provided -- but it appears to be well maintained and the "all steel" construction is likely a real plus from the standpoint of home longevity.

Sizable houses are evident throughout the neighborhood -- see the map and "birds-eye view" option -- as well as light industrial, commercial buildings; a nearby railroad; bayou, etc. Pools are evident as well and such tend to be a positive indicator. I could not tell if the home in question was flat roofed until viewing the aforementioned map... this home certainly appears to be a stand out from the adjacent home types. This home's back-story would be worth investigating: Was it custom built as the HAR listing implies? If yes, who was it built for? Has there been significant spatial changes to the interior?

This home could potentially be a "diamond in the rough" but the "rough" component is a tough sell for most if not all of us.

Archived