METRO Quickline

METRO's new Quickline signature service bus line was supposed to be up and running last August, but it was delayed for multiple undisclosed reasons. I've driven down Bellaire (where the first Quickline will run) and I've seen all the nice new stations, but I've yet to see a Quickline bus running. Does anyone know what the current status is?

Their website says 'Coming Soon'.

Are these to be different buses? I've seen the electronic boards at the stops display estimated arrival times. I just assumed that they're new bus stops where existing buses stop.

This service is two years delayed already. Metro had plans to start in January 2007 but didn't really commit. They cemented their plans for a July/Summer 2007 launch as they had the buses on site at this time. They pushed the launch date back to January 2008 but then decided to wait until all the stations were up and running so decided on Summer 2008. Summer 2008 comes around and Metro doesn't let anyone know the QL won't launch until the day it is supposed to. Now it is onhold indefinitely. Supposedly, the new TMC-Palm Center QL will be launched "early" this year as well. What a waste that will be. Yet, the Westheimer suffers poorly scheduled and poorly timed buses.

I ride the 2 daily and there is no point in trying to start a QuickLine service now. Even if it zipped from Highway 6 to the Loop, it would get bogged down in serious traffic from the Loop to Buffalo Speedway, and now I understand that there is an imminent reconstruction project for the bridge over Poor Farm Ditch.

It would just be hurry up and wait...

Archived