Election watch parties?

margokorin

I am trying to find a place to take in tuesday nights results with a few bevs and some like minded folks. I know the flying saucer is hosting a party but thought maybe you guys knew of something closer to the heights. Yes, I am aware that downtown is minutes from the heights, I just like to keep it local!

Obama '08

Normally, I'd celebrate overwhelming defeat by practicing escapism, driving to some remote place with the radio off and just hanging out, sipping top shelf booze until the hubris clears. But Ike destroyed all my top destinations for overnight outdoors sulking. Smith Point, McFaddin Beach, Follet's Island--all are unavailable to me. -_-

If I stay at home I sit and watch with my man, who made the mistake of voting for Mccain. No fun there.

What, are you kidding? You can mock him ruthlessly as the states turn blue. You can use your scary/creepy voice to warn him that the negros are coming to take his 401k and 'spread the wealth'. You can sit there quietly, then jump up and scream. "Bill Ayers just threw a bomb under our house!"

Oh, the possibilities are endless! :lol:

As we did for the primaries, my GF and I will be going to one of the Democratic gatherings downtown. We met at Baxter's Restaurant back then, and the Republicans met at Gracie Miller's just right across the alley. In fact, we sat and enjoyed the live music they provided for their folks.

On the same block is The Bastrop Advertiser, our local rag. On the side of the building they had a large dry erase board listing all the candidates, and they would updates the results as they came in.

People and politicians alike congregate beside the building to watch the board, and all the local races should be known by 10:00 this evening. So congratulations and/or condolences can be expressed to many of those running before the evening comes to an end.

Of course, the event here is geared mostly for the local races as the statewide and national races won

What, are you kidding? You can mock him ruthlessly as the states turn blue. You can use your scary/creepy voice to warn him that the negros are coming to take his 401k and 'spread the wealth'. You can sit there quietly, then jump up and scream. "Bill Ayers just threw a bomb under our house!"

Oh, the possibilities are endless!

Four years later when taxes have sapped all your dough, you'll have all those wonderful memories.

Four years later when taxes have sapped all your dough, you'll have all those wonderful memories.

I don't make $250,000 a year, so I am not worried. Besides, the proposal is to raise the highest rate to a point 21% LOWER than Reagan's top 1981 tax rate (50% versus 39.6%). So, to claim it will "sap all your dough" could be considered more than just a little bit of hyperbole.

I am sure that there will be a few watch parties where this type of hyperbole would be applauded however. Good luck in finding them.

I read on Chron that Skelly's party is at the Houston Club. It may be private though.

I remember getting passes to the GRB for George HW Bush's victory party. I don't think I voted for him, but it was still fun. I walked up to former mayor 'Shoot the Queers' Louie Welch and shook his hand. No, I didn't say "Don't Shoot".

Then, when leaving, ole Barb waved to me from the Limo.

I'm going to JR's on Pacific St.

Archived