Expansion Of Woodlands Parkway

celiene

Hi Y'All :D ,

Tell me what you know about the Woodlands Parkway expansion---when is it due to start--how many lanes will they "expand" on each side---and how far down will this expansion project go/what area(s) will it cover?

Will it go all the way to 2978 eventally?

Also--The rumor mill grinds on about Research Forest---not "will" it go thru to the 2978 area--but when?

Off of 2978 there is "already" a "Research Forest"---is that where it is slated to connect?

All you in the "know" please set the record straight!

Hi Y'All :D ,

Tell me what you know about the Woodlands Parkway expansion---when is it due to start--how many lanes will they "expand" on each side---and how far down will this expansion project go/what area(s) will it cover?

Will it go all the way to 2978 eventally?

Also--The rumor mill grinds on about Research Forest---not "will" it go thru to the 2978 area--but when?

Off of 2978 there is "already" a "Research Forest"---is that where it is slated to connect?

All you in the "know" please set the record straight!

Celiene,

One year ago (on Oct. 17th, 2007), the Chronicle published a story about all the major road expansions that The Woodlands Development Co. plans to do. That article is no longer available online, unless you have a paid subscription to the newspaper, maybe. Two days after that story was published, I captured the article as a PDF and added maps with markups to show where the roads are being widened: see the file I've uploaded. I don't know how accurate these plans are, now that one year is passed.

For more up-to-date info, see another topic in the Woodlands forum: "Mobility project for The Woodlands." I think that has more details.

Road_widening_in_The_Woodlands.pdf

Thanks, AndreaD!

There are still rumors "spinning" about just when Research Forest will be considered for expansion thru to 2978, or Honea-Egypt Rd.

Most likely this "talk" has surfaced since the "spur" was added for the Target

When we looked out in Alden Bridge over 8 yrs ago--realtor told us it was a "probability" due to needed east west road flow.....

I don't know if anything has changed with that regard

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/woo...ws/6099041.html

Montgomery County has started the process to assemble land for a future expansion of Woodlands Parkway to Texas 249.

But while the county is moving ahead to purchase or get property donated, don't expect the new road to be built any time soon.

"I couldn't even begin to tell you when it would get built," said Montgomery County Commissioner Craig Doyal of Precinct 2, adding there is no funding earmarked or even contemplated for the construction of the road. "Simply, we want to get the right-of-way acquired when it is reasonable, before subdivisions are built, or it gets too expensive."

Montgomery County has hired Bury+Partners to survey for the proposed Woodlands Parkway extention to 249. Commissioners meeting Nov3, 2008 awarded 170,000 for the work. Anyone seen surveyers for Bury +Partners nearby?

• 4 weeks later...
Some other road extension news:

Kuykendahl Road Extension

Description: The extension of Kuykendahl Road to FM 1488 is being designed

by TXDOT, with bidding scheduled for 2009.

link: http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/Doc...iew.asp?DID=313

So did you get the info you wanted? The answer to the original question should have been "there are no plans in the near future to connect Research to 1978". As far as I can tell, that is a dead issue and cast in concrete.

So did you get the info you wanted? The answer to the original question should have been "there are no plans in the near future to connect Research to 1978". As far as I can tell, that is a dead issue and cast in concrete.

Woody: I don't tend to believe that this is a "Dead issue" although any mention of Research Forest going thru to the mythical "1978" that you mentioned above may well be................... :wacko:

I own several rental properties, one of which backed to Reseach Forest and is very near Branch Crossing...............

I have listed and sold that said property as of late

All the buyer's agents who have shown the property mentioned the possibilty of Research Forest connecting thru to "2978" ( not 1978---just where is "1978" anyway???) to potential buyers.................

I simply cannot imagine Woodlands Realtors bringing that up if it wasn't still a lingering possibilty ( they must mention it due to possible future legal ramifications) due to the "tough selling climate" that we are currently experincing..........

Woody: I don't tend to believe that this is a "Dead issue" although any mention of Research Forest going thru to the mythical "1978" that you mentioned above may well be................... :wacko:

I own several rental properties, one of which backed to Reseach Forest and is very near Branch Crossing...............

I have listed and sold that said property as of late

All the buyer's agents who have shown the property mentioned the possibilty of Research Forest connecting thru to "2978" ( not 1978---just where is "1978" anyway???) to potential buyers.................

I simply cannot imagine Woodlands Realtors bringing that up if it wasn't still a lingering possibilty ( they must mention it due to possible future legal ramifications) due to the "tough selling climate" that we are currently experincing..........

Sorry 1978 was a typo. It is 2978. This is information I bring to you directly from the development company about three months ago. About two months ago, the commissioner told me that it could come forward in time but that is speculation. He thinks it probably is needed. But right now? Nothing planned. I am a resident of The Woodlands, directly involved in its activities and publish a blog on much of what I hear and research. What you say is certainly a lingering possibility, but the date is more like 10 years in the future, virtually non-existent for us now. I would be careful about selling any properties with the extension as a given, imminent or even good possibility near term unless there is factual information to the contrary. I would also like to add that the Chronicle is sometimes incorrect. I asked for a correction in their last published e-article on related road widening plans. I hope they fixed it before the article hit the physical paper.

Sorry 1978 was a typo. It is 2978. This is information I bring to you directly from the development company about three months ago. About two months ago, the commissioner told me that it could come forward in time but that is speculation. He thinks it probably is needed. But right now? Nothing planned. I am a resident of The Woodlands, directly involved in its activities and publish a blog on much of what I hear and research. What you say is certainly a lingering possibility, but the date is more like 10 years in the future, virtually non-existent for us now. I would be careful about selling any properties with the extension as a given, imminent or even good possibility near term unless there is factual information to the contrary. I would also like to add that the Chronicle is sometimes incorrect. I asked for a correction in their last published e-article on related road widening plans. I hope they fixed it before the article hit the physical paper.

Hi Woody,

With the expansion of Research Forest "still" as possiabilty--I personally have "No problems whatsoever" with the buyer's agents mentioning this to the potential homeowners'................as it is simply the "right thing to do" :D , even if this may be ten years out.................

The house sold--no problems, other than a slower than average market ( that's life in a tough economy)

I lived in the Woodlands for over 8 yrs prior to moving to West U early last summer to be closer to work,I held various positions on village boards, served in area clubs over the years.........have friends who currently work for the community association.................still go back and play in our beloved "poker group"

From time to time, correct information can be tough to come by, although that is "not uncommon" in most muncipalities................... :rolleyes:

Hi Woody,

With the expansion of Research Forest "still" as possiabilty--I personally have "No problems whatsoever" with the buyer's agents mentioning this to the potential homeowners'................as it is simply the "right thing to do" :D , even if this may be ten years out.................

The house sold--no problems, other than a slower than average market ( that's life in a tough economy)

I lived in the Woodlands for over 8 yrs prior to moving to West U early last summer to be closer to work,I held various positions on village boards, served in area clubs over the years.........have friends who currently work for the community association.................still go back and play in our beloved "poker group"

From time to time, correct information can be tough to come by, although that is "not uncommon" in most muncipalities................... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I see your point. It has not changed much here. You get info and then think you have a handle on the subject but then something happens and everything changes. I am guided somewhat by what one of my readers told me lately about the home she bought a year or so ago. She got carbon monoxide poisoning, is totally upset about the noise and blames the real estate woman for her problems. Although I am not "sold" on her story, I do worry a little about what is said and what is withheld when selling a house here. I know my real estate agent did an excellent job in priming me for the purchase. I felt well informed and there were no surprises except for a gasoline station that was built here about two years after I moved in. Just keep the expectations aligned within reality and the buyer will be OK. No one likes surprises with such a large investment.

• 2 months later...
Yeah, I see your point. It has not changed much here. You get info and then think you have a handle on the subject but then something happens and everything changes. I am guided somewhat by what one of my readers told me lately about the home she bought a year or so ago. She got carbon monoxide poisoning, is totally upset about the noise and blames the real estate woman for her problems. Although I am not "sold" on her story, I do worry a little about what is said and what is withheld when selling a house here. I know my real estate agent did an excellent job in priming me for the purchase. I felt well informed and there were no surprises except for a gasoline station that was built here about two years after I moved in. Just keep the expectations aligned within reality and the buyer will be OK. No one likes surprises with such a large investment.

I have started a series of articles on mobility. Two have already been published. There should be about seven before the series concludes. I am soliciting issues in the area now, looking for input so I get as many and diverse opinions as possible. The articles are on the main blog for anyone who wishes to contribute or comment.

I have started a series of articles on mobility. Two have already been published. There should be about seven before the series concludes. I am soliciting issues in the area now, looking for input so I get as many and diverse opinions as possible. The articles are on the main blog for anyone who wishes to contribute or comment.

Hi Woody,

That's pretty nice :D that you are doing this---whether it is for your job assignment, or not.............as I never really "felt" there was enough "transparency" about important issues such as this while still living there

Celiene

Hi Woody,

That's pretty nice :D that you are doing this---whether it is for your job assignment, or not.............as I never really "felt" there was enough "transparency" about important issues such as this while still living there

Celiene

Celiene, thanks - discovery is an eye opener for sure! I had the same problem when I retired. I wanted to know information and the more i wanted to know, the more vague everything seemed to get.

• 4 months later...

It looks like they're finally starting to make this happen. They've roped off the trees they don't want to cut down and they've already started cutting away the shoulder on one part. They've also put up permanent road construction signs.

This is gonna make TW even better.

• 4 weeks later...

Although I am looking forward to the additional turn lanes and extra through lanes, the noise and dust will be increased. We go from one kind of pollution to another. To push the traffic down the road, we may have longer delays at intersections. This will complete the development of Woodlands Parkway. Next should be Research Forest. Since there are no funds for building new roads, I see us totally dormant after Research Forest for quite some time. The only way Kuykendahl will be cut through is if the developers make it happen. We can't get funds now to maintain our roads.

• 3 months later...

A problem surfaced in the construction of the north lanes going west. There is fiber there and they apparently have to move it or shield it, I don't know which. Anyway, that work will not be done until 2010. The southern side that heads east is going to be ready by the end of the year. There have been some surprises at intersections. We have lost a significant number of trees to turn lanes and burial of lines. I am disappointed in the number of trees cut down from the medians. Now, will the county or the development replant trees? I doubt it. We have always had light dispersal issues into adjoining neighborhoods. This work will make that situation worse.

• 4 months later...

The Woodlands section of chron.com said a few days ago that construction will last 60 more days and then they'll start expansion on Reserach Forest, which I didn't even know they were going to do, but am pretty excited about it.

• 1 month later...

The Research Forest expansion has been on the books as long as Woodlands Parkway. It will be from I45 to Shadowbend. There is another road development project - Kuykendahl to 1488. That will open up traffic from the outside world at another point. Also we have the Kuykendahl widening project at hand. Pass through dollars to the RUD. I have a bunch of stuff on this in the commentary. There are many related issues.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Expansion Of Woodlands Parkway

Archived