When did the local Kmart close?

IronTiger

• 2 weeks later...
Recently I've been wondering about Kmart. I know it was at the corner of the Texas and 2818, where TSC/Asian grocery is now...when did it close, again? 1996?

Yes a do believe that time frame is correct, though it may have actually been a year or two sooner than that.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I suppose this should be some rep sniper's cue to -1 him like they do in every single other thread that he posts in.

Rep Sniper... I like that.

There, i gave him a preemptive +1 in case of sniper attack.

But still.. I'm curious to know if there is a reason behind his one track mind.

I mean, I like the histories and such of Service Merchandise, Kmart, and Foley's. Their logos were pretty cool and will never rear their heads in Texas again (Kmart has since switched to a new logo). The last time I went to The Galleria was last March, Post Oak Mall, a few months before that. Memorial City Mall, March 2008. Manor East Mall, 2000. Greenspoint Mall, never. Town & Country Mall, never.

And what exactly do you mean by one-track mind? I'm not stupid (you all have much higher educations than I do) but you shouldn't disregard my opinions (although I do make a fool of myself in debates).

Recently I've been wondering about Kmart. I know it was at the corner of the Texas and 2818, where TSC/Asian grocery is now...when did it close, again? 1996?

That there is another Kmart that was turned into an asian grocery peaks my interest. I'm not familiar with the corner of Texas and 2818, but there was another Kmart at the corner of the West Beltway and Beachnut that was remodeled and expanded to be the Viet Hoa shopping center. The Kmart must have closed in 2000 or 2001 and looking at it today you wouldn't know that the building had once been a Kmart.

Archived