The Showgrounds

mrfootball

Showgroundsrendering_1000.jpg

Sam Houston Racepark undergoing a rebranding campaign and facility expansion to become a major concert/festival location.

Glad to have a venue nearby, they've got some good bands and events coming.

I know I'll be there for WIDESPREAD PANIC

Not too mention some good Texas music like Jerry Jeff Walker, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Robert Earl Keen, Cory Morrow, Randy Rogers Band, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Sam Houston Racepark undergoing a rebranding campaign and facility expansion to become a major concert/festival location.

Not too mention some good Texas music like Jerry Jeff Walker, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Robert Earl Keen, Cory Morrow, Randy Rogers Band, etc.

Hmmm. It's not exactly Red Rocks, is it? But then if it were, the line up would likely be better too! ^_^

With the ponds around wouldn't it be a bit buggy in the evenings?

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the ponds inside the horse track are already there...as long as the fountain pumps keep the water circulating mosquitos will not breed there...

And Snoop Dogg ;). He'll be there soon I think. Heard it on the radio.

• 1 month later...

Archived