Maui Tacos: FM 1960 At Highway 290

jimcas

Nice to see they've got a substantial Healthy dining alternative spin on the Taco.

Description: Maui Tacos was founded by acclaimed celebrity chef Mark Ellman, who fused the bold taste of Mexico with the flavors of Hawaii. Our restaurants serve the most flavorful burritos, tacos, salads, quesadillas and nachos, accompanied by the Maui Tacos distinctive array of salsas

Is this going in on the site of the old Barton Springs Grill??? I recently heard (heresay) that this location was going to be a Chuy's by someone who works there in Austin...frankly, I am excited about either one!

Is this going in on the site of the old Barton Springs Grill??? I recently heard (heresay) that this location was going to be a Chuy's by someone who works there in Austin...frankly, I am excited about either one!

Doesn't look like it will be in the Barton Springs restaurant. Here is the address - not sure what this was before:

12719 FM 1960 West, Houston, TX 77065

• 2 weeks later...

It does look like there is going to be a Chuy's in NW Houston.

TABC's website shows Chuy's applied for a liquor license on 1/17/08 at the old Barton Springs Grill adress - 19827 NW Freeway.

Kind of interesting, but you can check by zip code who is applying for licenses through TABC's website...

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publicinquiry/

Glad there's going to be a Chuy's, but they coulda picked a better location. From what I understand, there's going to be a Lupe's near there as well. They both need to be further up 290 in Cypress. Lastly, you can't even see the restaurant from the freeway or FM 1960/Highway 6. No visability.

• 2 weeks later...

this has nothing to do with Maui Tacos...but does anyone have any updates on Chuy's? I know applying for a liquor license is usually a big step, but I haven't seen any work being done to the building which I would have thought to be starting soon. Anyone have any scoop?

• The title was changed to Maui Tacos: FM 1960 At Highway 290

Archived